Scientist I (R&D)
As the world's largest staffing and recruitment agency in the world, we can commit to find you the perfect role that gives you the opportunity to learn and grow in the life sciences arena. Utilizing a recruiter for your job search gives you access to a large network of top employers as well as detailed information about hundreds of positions. We supply prestigious life sciences and biopharma companies with job seekers like you to achieve their business goals. If you're looking for a position where you can serve as an asset to your company while making a difference in others' lives, we have the ideal position for you!
location: Cambridge, Massachusetts
job type: Contract
salary: $47.00 - 56.16 per hour
work hours: 8 to 4
This role requires employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment, subject to a valid medical or religious accommodation.
We seek an Associate Scientist to join our Protein & Cell Engineering group within Biologics Drug Discovery. Primary responsibilities will include recombinant protein expression, cell engineering and molecular biology. The scientist in this role will work closely with colleagues in Gene therapy in handling and testing AAV particles
- Molecular biology to generate mammalian and viral expression plasmids
- Retroviral or lentiviral transduction of cell lines and expression validation
- AAV capsid binding and transduction
- Protein/antibody expression
- Mammalian tissue culture experience
- Experience in molecular cloning and construct design
- Excellent written and verbal communication, documentation and record-keeping
- BS/MS in Biology, Molecular Biology, Cell Biology, Biochemistry or related field with 3 or more years of experience (Candidates with more or less experience will be considered and are encouraged to apply)
- Experience with adherent cells lines like HEK293T, generation of stable cell lines
- Experience with AAV or Lenti/retroviral transduction
- Nucleic acid quantitation by qPCR
- Flowcytometry sample preparation and data analysis
- Experience with GIBSON/NEBuilder assembly/cloning
skills: Molecular Biology, Protein Purification, Cell Cultures
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.