RF, Comms and Applied Electromagnetics Engineer
5 months ago(5/1/2019 5:08 PM)
Draper is an independent, nonprofit research and development company headquartered in Cambridge, MA. The 1,800 employees of Draper tackle important national challenges with a promise of delivering successful and usable solutions. From military defense and space exploration to biomedical engineering, lives often depend on the solutions we provide. Our multidisciplinary teams of engineers and scientists work in a collaborative environment that inspires the cross-fertilization of ideas necessary for true innovation. For more information about Draper, visit www.draper.com.
Our work is very important to us, but so is our life outside of work. Draper supports many programs to improve work-life balance including workplace flexibility, employee clubs ranging from photography to yoga, health and finance workshops, off site social events and discounts to local museums and cultural activities. If this specific job opportunity and the chance to work at a nationally renowned R&D innovation company appeals to you, apply now www.draper.com/careers.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Draper is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. We understand the value of diversity and its impact on a high-performance culture. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information.
Draper is committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities. To request reasonable accommodation, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Draper Laboratory is seeking a talented electrical engineer or physicist to join the RF, Communications, & Applied Electromagnetics team at Draper. The successful candidate will contribute to state-of-the-art sensors and systems ranging from DC to 100 GHz. The candidate will work closely with senior engineers and scientists to design experiments, implement test plans, capture data, and perform analyses.
The ideal candidate must be a self-starter and have good technical communication skills.
- Typical duties involve the simulation, modelling, prototyping, and testing of antennas, microwave systems, analog and digital circuits, amplifiers, communications systems, and electromagnetic sensors.
- The candidate will also be responsible for working in an ESD-controlled environment using a wide variety of test equipment including oscilloscopes, network analyzers, spectrum analyzers, & power amplifiers.
- PhD or MSEE+6. Electrical Engineering or Physics degree program preferred.
- Proficiency with signal processing software (such as MatLab/Simulink) and/or finite element modelling software (such as HFSS, CST, COMSOL etc…) is preferred.
- An exceptional academic record and demonstrated laboratory competence in signal processing, electronics design, analysis, simulation, testing and debugging.
- Hands on technical skills such as soldering and bread-boarding are highly desirable.
The ideal candidate has coursework and/or lab experience in the following areas:
- Circuit theory, electromagnetics, and communication systems,
- Schematic and netlist creation using industry standard tools,
- PCB layout for mixed signal circuits,
- Circuit simulation using SPICE and its variants,
- Electromagnetics simulation using HFSS, CST, COMSOL, or other variants,
- Modelling and analysis using Matlab/Simulink
- This position will require the ability to obtain a US Security Clearance. The primary requirement for a security clearance is US Citizenship.
- Applicants selected for this position will be required to obtain and maintain a government security clearance.
Connect With Draper for Future Opportunities!
If you don't find the right posting in our Career Opportunities, you may submit your resume for future consideration.