GENERAL SUMMARY/OVERVIEW STATEMENT:
The ideal Project Manager will work closely with Dr. Vijay Kuchroo , Heidi Thomas as the Director of Neurology Research Faculty, Fellow & Staffing Affairs and Lashaunda Gayden as the Director of Neurology Research Finance and Space Operations. The project Manager will be responsible for all activities related to development of clinical sample pipelines, interinstitutional research interactions and laboratory research work of multiple investigators at the Evergrande Center. Responsible for executing on a daily basis, the procedural, managerial and policy decisions made for the multiple studies and research work. Participates in all decisions made for the studies and identifies modifications of existing policies and procedures. This person will participate in grant writing and proposals. Has direct management responsibility of personnel and research projects.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for the coordination and implementation of research design process and study protocol at multiple sites.
- Coordinates the clinical sample collection, development of pipelines.
- Responsible for coordinating animal research for the projects.
- On a daily basis, executes the procedural, managerial, and policy decisions made for the studies.
- Participates in all decisions made for the studies and the formulation of policies and procedures. Identifies modifications needed and works to implement solutions.
- Working closely with DoN Research Finance Director & Manager as they oversight of projects budgets.
- Participates in grant writing and proposals.
- Serves as the primary contact for outside vendors utilized to ensure efficient operation of the study.
- Responsible for the oversight of all supplies, equipment, and files.
- Working closely with NRSA Office and DoN NRSA Director, Heidi Thomas as it relates to responsibility for all study personnel, including hiring, discipline, terminating relationships, evaluation, orientation and training.
- Directly responds to inquiries regarding study protocol and policy. Serves as liaison to internal and external population.
- BS Required, MS and/or PhD preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of progressively more responsible research work experience. Prior supervisory experience required.
- Strong organizational and communication skills.
- Demonstrated analytical skills.
- Effective problem-solving skills.
- Ability to supervise and train staff effectively.
- Strong database management and computer skills.
- Must possess aptitude for budget management.
- Responsible for supervising staff including hiring, firing, evaluating and disciplining. Will orient and train new staff members.
- Each area should include working conditions specific to position. Please also include any specific physical requirements – lifting, bending, etc.