VL50, Inc. is a privately held, well-funded, early-stage biotechnology company that is pioneering a novel transformative therapeutic approach.
VL50 was founded by Flagship Pioneering, an innovation enterprise that conceives, creates, resources, and grows first-in-category life sciences companies. Flagship Pioneering has created over 40 groundbreaking companies over the past fifteen years, all of which are pioneering novel and proprietary biological, industrial, and engineering approaches to solve major needs in human health and sustainability. These companies include Seres Therapeutics (NASDAQ:MCRB), Moderna, Syros Pharmaceuticals (SYRS), Rubius Therapeutics (RUBY), Axcella Health, Evelo Biosciences (EVLO), and Indigo Agriculture.. VL50 Inc. is a highly dynamic, entrepreneurial, and innovation-driven organization seeking to hire an exceptional scientist to join our development team.
VL50 is seeking an innovative and highly motivated Research Associate with expertise in mouse handling, injections and molecular analysis to play a vital role in the company’s efforts to validate novel target discovery approaches. The candidate must be independent, goal oriented, have excellent communication skills and be willing to work in a highly dynamic and fast-paced entrepreneurial environment.
- The successful candidate will work both independently and as part of a collaborative team to design, plan and execute experiments that support research activities, project goals and platform development.
- Serve as a key contributor to the development of new technologies in regenerative medicine.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in a cell biology related field, such as biochemistry, immunology, biology, plus three to five years of lab experience preferably in bio-pharmaceutical industry.
- Extensive experience with mouse handling, injections (IV, IM, IP, SC, intradermal, etc), survival blood collection and tissue harvesting.
- Experience with mammalian cell culture techniques.
- Experience independently generating precise, reliable data and skillfully analyzing the data.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, capable of conveying technical information in a clear and thorough manner.
- Motivated and excited about biological discovery and assay development.
- Experience with RNA and DNA isolation and purification.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a highly collaborative team environment.
- Ability to think critically and creatively as part of a fast-paced research team, while being highly independent and self-motivated.
- A dynamic, scientifically-excellent problem solver.
Recruitment & Staffing Agencies: Flagship Pioneering and its affiliated Flagship Lab companies (collectively, “FSP”) do not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than candidates. The submission of unsolicited resumes by recruitment or staffing agencies to FSP or its employees is strictly prohibited unless contacted directly by Flagship Pioneering’s internal Talent Acquisition team. Any resume submitted by an agency in the absence of a signed agreement will automatically become the property of FSP, and FSP will not owe any referral or other fees with respect thereto.