Draper is an independent, nonprofit research and development company headquartered in Cambridge, MA. The 1,800 employees of Draper tackle important national challenges with a promise of delivering successful and usable solutions. From military defense and space exploration to biomedical engineering, lives often depend on the solutions we provide. Our multidisciplinary teams of engineers and scientists work in a collaborative environment that inspires the cross-fertilization of ideas necessary for true innovation. For more information about Draper, visit www.draper.com.
Our work is very important to us, but so is our life outside of work. Draper supports many programs to improve work-life balance including workplace flexibility, employee clubs ranging from photography to yoga, health and finance workshops, off site social events and discounts to local museums and cultural activities. If this specific job opportunity and the chance to work at a nationally renowned R&D innovation company appeals to you, apply now www.draper.com/careers.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Draper is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. We understand the value of diversity and its impact on a high-performance culture. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information.
Draper is committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities. To request reasonable accommodation, please contact email@example.com.
The Program Manager will have responsibility for a portion of production for a large Guidance Program. Additional assignments across the program will be added as the manager gains program familiarity. The program manager will work closely with sub-contractors to provide quality, high reliability, cost efficient, large volume assemblies to support the Guidance System delivery needs.
- Program Manager will be responsible for management of contracts with sub Vendors , including negotiations and subcontracting .
- Program Manager will Interface with the US Navy customer and represent Draper production organization, plus opportunity for executive leadership and large program reviews.
- Program manager will be responsible for management of subcontract deliverables to meet US Navy contract
- Program Manager will lead technical, cost, six sigma continuous improvement and delivery teams for the product.
- Program manager will prepare regular management summaries on EVMS, risks, budgets, and schedules, and present them at monthly program reviews
- Program Manager will oversee Task Leaders / Control Account Managers for each task area, and prepare yearly proposals and task products (task agreements, deliverables, control accounts, earned value status).
- Minimum 5 years’ experience leading cross functional teams
- Excellent communication skills
- Proven leadership in Production environment
- US Citizen
- US DoD SECRET clearance or higher
Connect With Draper for Future Opportunities!
If you don't find the right posting in our Career Opportunities, you may submit your resume for future consideration.