Process Engineer, Cell Therapy Process Development
About Us:We are Repertoire Immune Medicines – a Flagship Pioneering company working to unleash the remarkable power of the human immune system. We seek to harness the intrinsic ability of T cells to prevent and cure disease. Our mission is a challenging one, requiring a complex and multi-dimensional approach that integrates cutting-edge biology and sophisticated, novel technologies. We stand ready to meet this challenge with our unique platforms, world-class team and unparalleled network of researchers, clinicians, academics and entrepreneurs.
We are seeking a highly motivated process engineer professional to work in our Process Development group to help drive our Deep Primed™ T cell therapy platform. We seek an enthusiastic team member who can design and execute experiments to further develop our platform of mobilizing the immune system to eradicate cancer. Working closely within the CMC team on novel R&D programs, the successful candidate will be involved with process characterization, development and engineering. The ideal individual will enjoy working in a fast-paced, highly collaborative environment and breaking new ground in the cell therapy space.
A self-starting attitude and the ability to focus and execute in a fast-paced, dynamic, and highly collaborative environment is a must. You should set the example of leading by doing. There is a significant opportunity for career growth and continuous learning in the highly-collaborative Repertoire work environment.
- Execute experiments to establish cellular process parameters and identify process scale-up activities for early-phase clinical manufacturing
- Provide design input and execution of well-controlled experiments to drive process improvements
- Isolate and maintain culture for differentiation of human progenitor cells in various conditions
- Perform in vitro cellular assays and analyze data to support in-process testing for process development studies and cell therapy product characterization
- Provide high quality cells derived from leukapheresis for process development and research project teams
- Collect, analyze and present experimental data; maintain clear and complete experiment records
- Contribute to day-to-day lab operations, including equipment/consumable purchasing, reagent inventory, and equipment maintenance, etc.
- Collaborate with Clinical, Manufacturing, Quality, and Discovery to ensure successful completion of initial technology transfer and transfer of process improvements throughout product development lifecycle
(Experience with mammalian cell culture techniques or primary cell culture preferred)
- BS in Life Sciences, Chemical or Biological Engineering or related discipline, with 2 to 4 years of relevant industry experience (will also consider candidates for Research Associate level with a 1 to 2 years of relevant experience)
- Excellent oral and written communication, highly organized with significant attention to detail