Meet Our Team:
Pega's Runtime Engine Alliance delivers core capabilities to run our Clients' Pega Infinity Applications and our Pega Cloud Services Business at scale. Our team develops Pega's high-throughput runtime engine which enables the cost-effective, performant, scalable, upgradable, reliable, and resilient operation of our offerings with a modern microservices-based architecture, best-in-class technologies, and a frictionless client experience. We primary focus is on stateless and scalable execution, in order to support the $1B and growing client base on the Pega Engine.
That's a challenging set of expectations to meet. That's where you come in.
Picture Yourself at Pega:
An active scrum team member, the Principal Software Engineer works as a senior contributor to the Engineering organization and actively engages in a variety of complex technological initiatives, including new feature development, bug fixing, unit testing, performance testing, etc. You are a thought leader who combines energy, creativity and drive with a deep understanding of best-in-class industry practices to evolve the core engine that powers the Pega platform. In addition, you will provide technical leadership, guidance, and coaching of fellow engineers.
Engineers at Pega work in a fast paced environment to respond to business drivers and customer needs. Working with an established enterprise codebase, the Principal Software Engineer is routinely involved in design and development with a key focus on distributed/cloud computing, concurrency and performance.
What You'll Do at Pega:
- Develop and maintain server-side components of the Pega application development platform
- Contribute productively to a fast-paced agile/scrum software development team
- Collaborate with the Product team and other stakeholders to translate feature requirements into software deliverables
- Provide subject matter expertise to Pega's global support organization and internal application development teams
- Continuously improve, refine, and refactor the code base and configuration tools
Who You Are:
You are a proven performer with a solid foundation in the basics of software development, including object-oriented design, Test Driven Development (TDD) and continuous integration. You are passionate about exploring new technologies, have an eye for software design and committed to putting your software development skills into practice building fit-for-purpose solutions.
What You've Accomplished:
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Computer Science
- Minimum of 8+ years of experience in IT industry with a background in software engineering
- Deep knowledge and experience with production software development in Java
- Experience of the following is highly desirable: Java internals, database internals, web technologies, and database administration
- Experience and passion for Agile software development (TDD, ATDD)
- Ability to thrive in a demanding environment that imposes new challenges frequently
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including poise in pressure situations, as well as time management and prioritization skills
Pega Offers You:
- Gartner Analyst acclaimed technology leadership across our categories of products
- Continuous learning and development opportunities
- An innovative, inclusive, agile, flexible, and fun work environment
- Competitive global benefits program inclusive of pay• bonus incentive, employee equity in the company
Job ID: 10726