- Does delivering a great small molecule hit, lead or development candidate thrill you? We get excited, too, and we are building the best environment in the industry to discover the drugs that will make a difference for patients. We are looking for a self-motivated, experienced Medicinal Chemist to join our team and to help drive projects from lead generation through candidate selection in a highly collaborative environment.
- We take what we do seriously, but we don’t take ourselves too seriously. You’ll have fun in our collaborative and energetic environment where you’ll face new challenges every day.
- If you are flexible and fearless in the face of rapidly evolving data, then we want you to join us and discover the next generation of innovative therapeutics based on protein motion!
- You will apply your drug hunting expertise to leading teams and developing strategy across the spectrum of drug discovery, from hit validation to development candidate selection. You will work closely and collaboratively in a multi-disciplinary team of computational chemists, biophysicists, cell and molecular biologists, pharmacologists, and DMPK specialists. You see how all the aspects of compound performance are necessary to make it a drug, and you can communicate that effectively to your discovery partners.
- You are curious about new technologies for drug discovery and see the value in high throughput chemistry approaches. You will have responsibility for developing and implementing technologies to support medicinal chemistry while also leading drug discovery projects.
- You will work with chemists at Relay as well as with teams at CROs to advance your projects.
- You will contribute to the chemistry team’s development of a platform for efficient project execution by identifying and establishing collaborations with both academic and industry partners to expand our capabilities. Internally, you will help drive the implementation of cutting-edge in silico methods of compound design and data analysis to facilitate rapid SAR decision making.
- You earned a Ph.D. in chemistry with an emphasis on synthetic organic chemistry, synthetic methodology or a related field.
- You have 7+ years of relevant biotech and/or pharmaceutical industry experience in medicinal chemistry, with an emphasis on small molecule drug discovery.
- You have participated in the delivery of clinical candidates from discovery into development, and your track record of excellence is supported by high impact, peer-reviewed publications and/or patents.
- You have hands-on experience with lab automation or chemical technologies for drug discovery.
- Our current portfolio is oncology-focused, so experience in this therapeutic area and related targets is a strong plus.
- You are comfortable with and willing to use in silico predictive tools to enable your compound designs as well as structure-based drug design.
- You have strong communication skills, can flex to different work styles, and believe that the best outcomes result from leveraging the strengths of your team members.
- You are committed to building an energetic, collaborative and open company culture and contributing to the company’s success.
We believe in building balanced teams and a place where our people can be their best self every day. We encourage people from underrepresented backgrounds to apply.
Relay Therapeutics is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
At Relay Tx, we believe that along with our people, our culture is our greatest asset. In fact we're proud to share we were named as one of the Boston Business Journal's “Best Places to Work“ in 2017, the #1 place for small companies in 2018 & the #2 place for small companies in 2019. To drive that culture, no one will stop you or hold you back. Instead, we will give you the tools and colleagues to push forward relentlessly and cheer you on as you go. If this resonates with you, drop us a line.
About Relay Therapeutics
Relay Therapeutics is a new breed of company at the intersection of computation and biotechnology that is committed to creating medicines that will have a transformative impact on patients.
We combine unprecedented computational power with leading-edge experimental approaches across the fields of structural biology, biophysics, chemistry, and biology. This integration illuminates – for the first time – the full mobility of a protein and provides key insights into how the dynamic nature of a protein’s conformation regulates function. The team at Relay is putting this principle into practice, with the aim of accelerating the development of medicines that will make a transformative difference in patients’ lives. We don't just stare hard problems in the face. We go out looking for them. Are you energized by attempting to do the impossible? We're looking for you.
At Relay, our team is driven by the ultimate collaboration across each of our drug discovery disciplines. Putting protein motion at the heart of drug discovery is a challenge, but we are confident that our team’s dedication and urgency will create opportunities that deeply impact the lives of the patients. Our initial programs are focused on developing therapeutics in oncology.
Relay Therapeutics is a private company launched in 2016 with financing from Third Rock Ventures and an affiliate of D. E. Shaw Research. To date the company has raised $520M from investors including Third Rock Ventures, SoftBank Vision Fund, GV, Casdin Capital, BVF Partners, EcoR1 Capital, Foresite Capital, Perceptive Advisors, Tavistock Group and an affiliate of D.E. Shaw Research.