About Us:We are Repertoire Immune Medicines – a Flagship Pioneering company working to unleash the remarkable power of the human immune system. We seek to harness the intrinsic ability of T cells to prevent and cure disease. Our mission is a challenging one, requiring a complex and multi-dimensional approach that integrates cutting-edge biology and sophisticated, novel technologies. We stand ready to meet this challenge with our unique platforms, world-class team and unparalleled network of researchers, clinicians, academics and entrepreneurs.
We are seeking a highly motivated Principal Scientist or Associate Director to lead our Cell Therapy Analytical Research team, which is responsible for developing and deploying best-in-class methods to characterize antigen-specific T cells. This is an opportunity to make a significant contribution to the development of the PRIME T cell therapy platform, a novel class of adoptive T cell immunotherapies that combine endogenous T cells and engineered immunomodulators. Working with a dedicated team of scientists and research associates, the successful candidate will lead cross-functional efforts to characterize antigen-specificity and function of primary human T cells in phenotypically heterogeneous, multi-clonal T cell populations derived from the PRIME T cell therapy product as well as clinical samples. The candidate will be responsible for development of novel analytical methodologies using Repertoire’s state of the art single-cell sequencing and tetramer library tools, as well as the refinement and deployment of classical immunological assays such as flow cytometry, ELISpot, and cytotoxicity to further process and product development goals. As part of a multi-disciplinary team, the candidate will work closely with the departments of Cell Therapy Discovery, Translational Research, Discovery Immunology, Antigen and Product Discovery, CMC Analytical Development and Computational Sciences to advance the PRIME platform through clinical development.
The ideal candidate will be an emerging or established leader in the area of T cell immunotherapy characterization or immune monitoring, with expertise in complex immunological methodologies such as immunophenotyping via flow cytometry, FACS, ELISpot, Luminex, RNA sequencing, TCR receptor repertoire analysis, as well as functional assays such as cytokine secretion and cytotoxicity. The successful candidate will be motivated by defining and answering complex biological questions, as well as by working with the team to drive projects and programs forward. Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills along with experimental rigor and scientific curiosity are key! Leading a team in a matrix environment, and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment and adapt to evolving priorities are a must.
- Lead the Cell Therapy Analytical Research team, responsible for program related, scientific and operational objectives.
- Lead the team in design and execution of complex experimentally driven projects and initiatives related to characterization of antigen specific T cell products. Contribute to development of regulatory strategy as relates to extended product characterization.
- Develop and deploy novel and classical T cell immunoassays, including antigen-specific T cell clonotype and functional analysis of CD8 and CD4 T cells.
- Collaborate with molecular biology teams on applications development of Repertoire’s single cell platform and tetramer library tools for antigen specific clone identification.
- Collaborate with Discovery, CMC and Translational Research teams on deployment of antigen specific T cell characterization assays to characterize the PRIME manufacturing process, GMP cell therapy products, and clinical patient samples.
- Represent the T cell characterization team on cross-functional project and program teams.
- Analyze, summarize, and communicate team leadership and project teams.
- Provide scientific, project and laboratory leadership to experienced bench scientists and junior scientific staff.
- MS or PhD in Immunology, Cell Biology, Molecular Biology, Bioengineering, or a related field.
- Minimum of 10 years of biotech/pharma experience post PhD, or MS plus equivalent experience.
- Experience in managing / leading focused teams of bench scientists.
- Subject matter expertise in general in vitro cell culture / immunology techniques and complex immunological methodologies such as cytometry and immunoassay methodologies such as flow/FACS, ICS, ELISpot, ELISA, Luminex, cytotoxicity.
- Knowledge of antigen presenting cell biology, antigen presenting cell / T cell interactions, and peptide/MHC/TCR interactions is desired.
- Experience with sequencing approaches to T cell characterization, including RNAseq and TCR clonotype analysis (bulk or single cell) is a plus, as is familiarity with tumor immune-profiling methods.
- Ability to identify, troubleshoot and solve critical issues associated with complex immunological methods.
- Strong organizational skills, excellent attention to detail.
- Proven track record of being personable, energetic, accountable, and an effective communicator
- Must work well independently as well as an integral part of the team
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and quickly changing environment