Requisition Number: PHARM01627
Pharma Biopharma Sales Engineer – Cambridge, MA
Shimadzu Scientific Instruments is one of the largest suppliers of analytical instrumentation, physical testing, and environmental monitoring systems in the world. Our products include Gas Chromatographs, Liquid Chromatographs, Mass Spectrometers, Total Organic Carbon Analyzers, UV-Vis Spectrometers, Fluorescence, Atomic Absorption, IR, X-Ray, and Universal Testing Machines. In 1975, SSI Corporate Headquarters was established in Columbia, Maryland and we currently have ten regional offices coast to coast.
The individual in this position is responsible for a wide variety of sales related functions including sales of all assigned product lines, demonstrations, reports as required, the maintenance and safekeeping of demonstration instrumentation, computers, software, company vehicles and other company property, as well as other related duties which may be assigned from time to time. The Sales Engineer is responsible for increasing sales volume within the Pharma/BioPharma accounts located in Cambridge, MA.
This position is required to reach or exceed assigned sales goals within an assigned geographic as well as market sector based territory.
JOB FUNCTIONS INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Performing adequate sales calls, demonstrations and other calls as necessary; (Daily)
- Achieving and maintaining a high level of technical proficiency in all areas related to the assigned product lines; (Daily)
- Conducting proper lead follow-up programs; (Daily)
- Establish and maintain a good relationship with all accounts; (Daily)
- Maintenance of account records; (Daily)
- Timely submission of all required reports such as call reports, expense accounts, forecast, lost order reports, bid opening results, competitive marketing information; (Weekly)
- Submission of Territorial Marketing Plan; (Quarterly)
- Maintenance and safekeeping of all assigned company property; (Daily)
- Must travel overnight as the position requires; (Weekly)
J.) Must travel by air and drive as required. (Daily)
This position’s primary focus is to achieve sales goals while maintaining excellent customer relations and reporting back to the Regional and Home Offices those factors, both positive and negative, that affect the assigned territory. This person must exhibit the qualities noted above, positive attitude and strong work ethic.
Human Relations Skills
Customer Relations Skills
Experience with a Quota
Account Management Techniques
Time & Territory Profitability
Operation of SSI Instrumentation
PROBLEM SOLVING REQUIREMENTS:
The incumbent must be able to make effective and efficient decisions to solve problems based on customer needs and requirements.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Degree in Chemistry or one of the pertinent Life Sciences;
- At least three years successful sales experience with one or more of our equivalent product lines.
- Possess a valid driver’s license.
Shimadzu Scientific Instruments is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.