What is it in for you?
The Medical Science Liaison (MSL) will provide scientific, educational, and research support in the Northeast regional territory, covering: VT, Maine, NH, MA, RI, and CT.
The Medical Science Liaison (MSL) is a field-based member of the Medical Affairs team. The MSL is highly trained in the healthcare field, well-versed in clinical and basic science, and capable of delivering cutting-edge data and technical/practical education to Health Care Professionals (HCPs).
The MSL is responsible for identifying, cultivating, maintaining, and strengthening relationships with key experts. He/She will act as a conduit for providing accurate and updated clinical, scientific, and medical information to PAH Experts, health care professionals, treatment decision-makers, and members of the scientific provider and payer communities in a compliant manner.
What will you be doing?
- Engage external stakeholders on scientific information through one-on-one interactions and group settings, demonstrate thorough scientific and clinical knowledge, and develop and execute tasks of strategic medical plans.
- Identify, cultivate, maintain, and strengthen scientific relationships with key opinion leaders, clinical investigators, and providers in academic and non-academic settings in a credible and ethical manner.
- Serve as a scientific expert at key medical and scientific conferences, advisory boards, roundtables, clinical investigator meetings, and internal meetings. Support field-based cross-functional teams with medical expertise.
- Serve as a local medical and scientific resource for product planning, clinical insight, and intelligence; capture, synthesize and deliver healthcare insights to cross-functional teams.
- Partner with clinical- and medical operations teams to coordinate research support for sites/investigators participating in company-sponsored clinical trials, optimize recruitment, and enhance subject retention.
- Facilitate research collaboration (including evidence generation and investigator-sponsored studies) with key investigators in a compliant manner.
- Provide organizational medical and scientific support for initiatives related to payers, managed markets, and health care organizations. Demonstrate strong competency in medical and scientific exchange with healthcare organizations.
- Support and execute specific internal projects, programs, and initiatives.
- Adhere to regulatory and industry compliance guidelines and company policies in all aspects of scientific information dissemination, including responses to unsolicited requests for medical information.
- Perform effectively on duties as assigned.
What are we looking for?
- Master’s degree required. Advanced degree in life sciences (MD, PharmD, Ph.D., NP, or equivalent) preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience as an MSL or 3 years of clinical experience in PAH, cardiology, pulmonary, critical care, or other equivalent clinical experiences required.
- Experience working with and presenting to formulary committee payers strongly preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to think strategically and apply knowledge and analytical skills.
- Thrives in a team environment and enjoys cross-functional collaboration; positively contributes to team culture.
- Ability to work independently and proactively; adapt effectively to new processes and requirements; demonstrates high motivation.
- Sets high-performance standards for self and others, able to multitask and prioritize.
- Strong scientific knowledge through experience and learning; strong ability to synthesize and present data.
- MSL Leveling depending on experiences. Candidates with 3-5 years of MSL experience and demonstrated leadership cross-functionally may be considered for Senior MSL.
- Ability to travel 60-70%
- Valid US driver’s license
- Field-based position