Intern, Statistical Programmer
Agios (agios.com) is a biopharmaceutical company committed to applying our scientific leadership in cellular metabolism to transform the lives of patients with cancer and rare genetic diseases. We are growing rapidly with an active research and discovery pipeline across both therapeutic areas. Agios has two approved oncology precision medicines and multiple first-in-class investigational therapies in clinical and/or preclinical development.
Agios Pharmaceuticals is searching for a Statistical Programmer Intern to join our growing Biometrics & Data Management department. The summer intern will have the opportunity to work on various tasks, where the intern will gain hands on experience in the following: statistical programming on SAS and CDISC standards, help the Biometrics and programming team for clinical trial statistical analysis and standardizations.
- Contribute to the process of standardization on statistical programming
- Work with lead programmers to compile and test Statistical programming standards
- Participate in the statistical analysis for clinical trials as needed.
- The student needs to have completed their 1st year of graduate school majoring in Biostatistics, Mathematics, Computer science, bioinformatics, or a related field.
- Must be available for employment from June 1st through August 14th.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge on statistical analysis and SAS programming.
- Good programming skills on SAS Base, Macros, SQL and SAS Statistical procedure.
- Ability to manipulate and analyze complicated real-world data.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.