Head of WW DNB Product Management Transformation
Head of WW DNB Product Management Transformation
Do you want to be a key part of a team focused on increasing the reach and use of cloud computing to Digital Native Businesses (DNB)? Do you have the domain background, technical depth, and business development skills needed to help further establish Amazon as the leader in serving Product Management needs?
The product management function is evolving with the advent of cloud computing. Your responsibilities will include engaging with Chief Product Officers (CPO) and product leaders for our customers, engaging strategic partners, attending and speaking at events, leading thought leadership for product managers, and creating significant new business opportunities for AWS. You will enable the AWS sales teams to better understand product management in order to drive richer interactions customers. You will work closely with AWS Solutions Architects to develop and promote cloud patterns and solutions to accelerate customer roadmaps. You will work closely with the AWS product and services teams to help evolve AWS offerings for more rapid adoption by digital native businesses.
The ideal candidate will have a product management and business development background, experience engaging with senior customer executives at the CxO/VP level, a track record of thought-leadership on product management trends, and a strong understanding of cloud services providers and SaaS companies. He/she should have a demonstrated ability to think strategically and analytically about business, product, and technical challenges, with the ability to build and convey compelling value propositions, and work cross-organizationally to build consensus. He/she has a clear point of view about product management expressed with an authoritative and distinctive voice. A keen sense of ownership, drive, and scrappiness is a must.
Roles & Responsibilities:
· Serve as a key member of the Business Development team to drive overall AWS market and technical enablement strategy supporting product managers across multiple industries.
· Define and execute on a strategic market development plan aligned with AWS strategic direction, in partnership with key internal stakeholders (e.g. sales teams, product teams, marketing, partner team, legal, support, etc.).
· Develop domain-specific thought leadership, messaging and collateral materials that effectively communicate the AWS value proposition for product management teams.
· Discover and develop opportunities to leverage assets across all of Amazon in support of our customers.
· Build business development pipeline by engaging with key prospects and partners.
· Understand the technical requirements of our customers and work closely with the internal development teams to guide the direction of our product offerings that accelerates the roadmap of our customers.
· Present business reviews to the senior management team regarding progress and roadblocks to expanding our reach to product leaders.
· Handle a high volume of engagements and interactions in the fast pace of the cloud computing market.
· 10+ years of relevant experience in product management, business development, and/or architecture/engineering/development.
· 5+ years of senior leadership experience at B2C or B2B companies that leverage cloud services extensively or exclusively.
· Industry thought leadership demonstrated by public speaking engagements, published articles, blogs and/or other influence channels.
· Technology depth and breadth. Be highly credible with senior technologists, product leaders, and CxO audiences.
· Exceptional business acumen and high judgment – be able to use technology depth and breadth, signals, and data to understand customer pain points and challenges, and inform and shape business growth initiatives.
· Passion for product management – deep curiosity to understand how companies are leveraging the cloud and how to accelerate their product roadmaps.
· Very comfortable with developing, implementing, managing and executing through influence across a cross-functional set of senior stakeholders.
· ‘Invent and simplify’ mindset. Data driven but comfortable with ambiguity. Exceptional problem- solver. Adept at simplifying complexity and developing scalable propositions.
· Strong bias for ‘working backwards’ from customers. Favors iterative hypothesis/test/analyze/ improve approaches. Pragmatic and ‘is right a lot.’
· Proven track record of taking ownership and driving results. Ability to effectively lead and work with a variety of organizations, management levels, cultures, and personalities.
· Exceptional interpersonal and communication (both written and verbal) skills. Experience communicating with both technical and non-technical stakeholders across multiple teams.
· Balanced leadership experience across business development, strategy/planning, and GTM execution in a multi-billion technology business.
· Experience in global roles.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren’t focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we’re happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced life—both in and outside of work.
This position must be located at one of our U.S. AWS Corp. offices.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.