Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Answers all incoming phone calls for the Group Practices department. Schedules appointments as appropriate for physicians, nurse practitioners, etc. Arranges meetings and interview sessions for department and physicians. Responds to requests for information from physicians and follows up on receipt.
- Assists manager in purchasing supplies for all physician practices. Prepares check voucher requests for PAMA, Ambulatory Care Administration, Primary Care departments, MAPS, and MAOGA.
- Assists manager in budget preparation for department and practices. Obtains literature and schedules equipment trials when needed. Acts as liaison to the Purchasing Department when needed.
- Responds to equipment/supply needs in absence of manager. Follows up on repairs as needed.
- Completes applications for staff privileges, malpractice, and insurance participation for new physicians. Assists in follow-through for the appointment of new physicians to staff. Follows through on personnel hiring activities in off-site locations. Processes credentialing requests.
- May be requested to cover for vacant positions in practice offices, with responsibility for phones, patient appointments, collecting co-payments, etc.
- Assists practice managers with billing issues.
- Compiles monthly billing and expense statistics.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- High school diploma or equivalent and further college education or business training.
- Two years of related secretarial experience.
- Macintosh and personal computer literacy preferred. Occasional dictaphone transcription.
- Ability to function with minimal supervision.