Educational Tour Consultant
Entrepreneurial Sales Development Program at EF Educational Tours
Open your mind, pack your bags, and join us at EF Educational Tours as we revolutionize the educational travel industry and transform students into the next generation of global citizens. When you work in sales at EF, you play a vital role in fulfilling our company mission: Opening the World Through Education. You change lives and help make the world a better place, every day. We onboard you, train you, and support you with comprehensive sales development and ongoing coaching from peers, dedicated trainers, and managers.
The Educational Tour Consultant role within EF Educational Tours is a sales role where you partner with middle and high school teachers interested in taking their students outside of the classroom and on an educational trip abroad. You will be part of a tight-knit regional team led by a Sales Director and run your territory like it’s your own business. Our sales strategy encourages long-term relationship building, consultative conversations, and the autonomy to drive sales growth in your territory.
As an Educational Tour Consultant, you will be developed in our flagship Entrepreneurial Sales Development Program. This program is multi-year and designed to transform you into a business leader. You will receive comprehensive training to strengthen your sales technique, entrepreneurial spirit, and professional skillset. Success within the program can lead you straight up the sales ladder or lead you into marketing, operations, finance, technology or anywhere else your skills and passions can help our business the most.
The RoleWe'll be counting on you to:
- Work with middle and high school teachers and administrators to build international travel programs for their students
- Coach your customers through every step of the tour planning process, from inspiring them to lead a tour to helping them recruit student travelers, prepare to depart, travel, and return home ready to do it all over again
- Acquire new customers, repeat the ones you have, and help more and more students discover the world
- Run your territory as your business and take responsibility for your own sales growth strategy
- Expanding our market share (we're already #1) and defending our turf
Who You ArePeople from all different backgrounds have thrived in this role. What they have in common is that they are:
- Up for a challenge - they want to start, or expand, their career in a role with real responsibility and accountability
- Fiercely competitive, in a nice, team player way
- An influencer - a natural networker who loves talking to people
- Always going above and beyond- it’s the only way they do things
- Nailing the details while never lose sight of the big picture
- A lifelong learner who believes in the power of experiential education
Speaking of the power of experiences, please note that a bachelor’s degree is not required for this role.
The PerksAs if changing students' lives and making the world a better place isn't enough, we also offer the opportunity to:
- Live Well
- Benefits include a competitive base salary plus uncapped potential and 25% company match on your 401(k).
- Expand your worldview with paid international business travel plus three weeks of paid vacation time to start (and four weeks starting in year two). The more you develop, the more passport stamps you will collect.
- Be You
- We believe our business, like our world, is better when we embrace diversity.
- EF is proud to offer a market-leading health and dental benefits plan.
- Stay healthy with on-site fitness classes, take advantage of discounts to local gyms or join an EF health and wellness organization like our Run Club.
- Build your network by joining one of EF’s employee resource groups, or an EF-Finity group such as LGBTQ+ @EF, Black@EF and Latinos@EF.
- Be engaged
- We work in an open environment without a cubicle in sight. You will also enjoy comprehensive professional development, free in-house language classes, a yearly stipend for continued education, and frequent sales competitions.
- Have fun
- Explore the neighborhood with discounts to local businesses, concert tickets and sporting events.
- Explore the world with discounts to hotels and flights as well as paid international travel.
- Enjoy our in-house bar, restaurant, hair salon and fitness center
About EF Education FirstAt EF we believe that the world is better when people try to understand one another. Since 1965, we have helped millions of people see new places, experience new cultures, and learn new things about the world and about themselves. Our culturally immersive education programs—focused on language, travel, cultural exchange, and academics—turn dreams into international opportunities.
When you join EF, you join a multicultural and diverse community working across more than 600 schools and offices in 50 countries, all with one shared mission of opening the world through education. Whoever you are, whatever you are passionate about—we welcome you and want you to bring that to work every day. EF is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to inclusion and belonging across race, ethnicity, gender, age, religion, parental status, identity, experience and everything else that makes you unique.
Founded in Sweden in 1965, EF has school and offices around the world, including hubs in Boston, London, Mexico City, São Paulo, Shanghai, Stockholm, Zürich, and more. Learn more at https://ef.com.