At Intellia, we are revolutionizing medicine by harnessing the power of genome editing to develop potential cures. We bring new hope for people living with conditions including cancer, genetic disorders, viral infections, inflammatory disorders and many more.
Intellia is seeking highly skilled and motivated automation engineer to join our team. The successful candidate will focus on automating in vitro screening and NGS library preparation methods to identify gene editing events in support of the company’s pipeline. The engineer in this role will lead programming of liquid handling platforms for screening and sequencing workflows.
- Lead the implementation of liquid handling platforms enabling automation across R&D
- Implementation of workflow and sample tracking
- Work with scientists to coordinate experimental design and execution
- Design, implement, and troubleshoot experiments, both independently and in collaboration with colleagues, to reach desired goals
- Perform monthly QCs on liquid handling platforms
- Continually seek out new technologies to increase throughput and aid in workflow optimization
- Extensive experience with designing, programming, and implementing Hamilton liquid handling platforms into a fast-paced environment to increase throughput and accuracy
- In-depth understanding of liquid class parameter optimization
- Extensive experience automating cell based assays and NGS library preparation methods
- Experience with LIMS sample tracking implementation
- Knowledge of molecular biology techniques
- Demonstrates problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently, as well as part of a team
- Organized, detail-oriented, and a self-starter who continuously seeks to improve existing laboratory methods and processes
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with Hamilton liquid handling platforms
- Experience with GitHub (or similar) & database structures
- BS, MS in Engineering discipline (Bio, Biomedical or Mechanical) with 3+ years of relevant industry experience
- BS, MS in Molecular Biology with 5+ years of relevant industry experience
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work well with diverse team & in high paced environment
- Adaptable and able to rapidly learn new techniques
- Exceptional time management
- Effective communication skills (both written and verbal)
What Intellia Stands For:
At Intellia, our mission is to develop potentially curative genome editing treatments that can positively transform the lives of people living with severe and life-threating diseases.
We push boundaries. We are focused on positively disrupting health care treatment of patients with genomic diseases. The values we live by and drivers we look for are:
- One is respect for individuals; our unique qualities and strengths; our own ways to understand, learn and improve. One is our single-minded determination to excel; to succeed together. One is you and us – trusting and counting on every single one of us.
- Explore because we seek new ways to tackle disease. Explore with unbounded minds…free from assumptions, open to ideas. Explore by staying curious, by pushing boundaries, overcoming obstacles. Explore means thinking of new ways.
- Disrupt by thinking courageously…and creating a better future. Disrupt by defying conformity; interrogating the status quo; questioning our momentum. Disrupt with challenging thoughts…with that breed of skepticism that shows you have better solutions.
- Deliver with your focus on the objective and your determination to complete the task. Deliver by advancing relentlessly and by maintaining high standards…even when nobody is watching. Deliver by staying accountable and pulling your weight. Deliver because patients are counting on us to make the promise reality. Get it done.
POSITION: Full-Time, Exempt
EEOC Statement: Intellia believes in a diverse environment, and is committed to equal employment opportunity for all its employees and qualified applicants. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. Intellia will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.