At Intellia, we are revolutionizing medicine by harnessing the power of genome editing to develop potential cures. We bring new hope for people living with conditions including cancer, genetic disorders, viral infections, inflammatory disorders and many more.
Intellia Therapeutics is seeking a highly motivated and skilled Associate Scientist to join our genomics team and support the characterization and quantitation of gene editing events using high throughput next generation sequencing (NGS).The successful candidate will be a part of the Screening and NGS Platform Development (SNPD) team, focused on pre-clinical NGS data support for IND packages. Applicants should have experience working in a high throughput environment and in executing NGS protocols in an SOP driven fashion. Familiarity with liquid handling robots and other automation systems is highly suggested. Experience in a clinical lab is a plus. Applicants should have exceptional time management and communication skills (both written and oral) coupled with a strong attention to detail.
- Support high throughput, SOP driven, NGS library preparation workflows both manually and using liquid handling automation.
- Operate Illumina sequencing platforms.
- Working with molecular biology techniques such as DNA purification, shearing, adapter ligation, PCR, NGS library purification, and quantification.
- Sample preparation techniques such as tissue homogenization and gDNA extraction.
- Managing multiple workflow queues and requests.
- Conduct experiments, troubleshoot, and optimize, both independently and in collaboration with colleagues to meet deadlines.
- Accurately document project and sample information, protocols, and experimental details through the Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS) and Electronic Lab Notebook (ELN).
- BS/MS in Molecular Biology or a related discipline with 5-8 years of relevant experience in an academic or industrial setting.
- Experience with high throughput NGS library preparation workflows.
- Proficient in troubleshooting NGS library preps.
- Experience and knowledge of molecular biology techniques.
- Excellent communication and attention to detail.
- Strong time management and process-oriented thinking.
- Must have the ability to work collaboratively and independently.
- Proficient in writing and following SOPs.
- Experience with cell culture and maintaining and plating a variety of immortalized and primary cell lines a plus.
- Experience with liquid handling platforms (preferably Hamilton) a plus.
What Intellia Stands For:
At Intellia, our mission is to develop potentially curative genome editing treatments that can positively transform the lives of people living with severe and life-threating diseases.
We push boundaries. We are focused on positively disrupting health care treatment of patients with genomic diseases. The values we live by and drivers we look for are:
- One is respect for individuals; our unique qualities and strengths; our own ways to understand, learn and improve. One is our single-minded determination to excel; to succeed together. One is you and us – trusting and counting on every single one of us.
- Explore because we seek new ways to tackle disease. Explore with unbounded minds…free from assumptions, open to ideas. Explore by staying curious, by pushing boundaries, overcoming obstacles. Explore means thinking of new ways.
- Disrupt by thinking courageously…and creating a better future. Disrupt by defying conformity; interrogating the status quo; questioning our momentum. Disrupt with challenging thoughts…with that breed of skepticism that shows you have better solutions.
- Deliver with your focus on the objective and your determination to complete the task. Deliver by advancing relentlessly and by maintaining high standards…even when nobody is watching. Deliver by staying accountable and pulling your weight. Deliver because patients are counting on us to make the promise reality. Get it done.
POSITION: Full-Time, Exempt
EEOC Statement: Intellia believes in a diverse environment, and is committed to equal employment opportunity for all its employees and qualified applicants. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. Intellia will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.