Our business is real estate, but our organization is so much more than bricks and mortar, beautiful buildings and well-managed properties. Our business is about people who need a place to call home and the people of Michaels who make it all happen.
The Community Manager has full on-site day-to-day responsibility for all property (community) management activities/functions and ensures that a property or properties under his/her control are maintained at all times in good physical condition and with a stable fiscal operation, providing residents a clean and well-maintained community.
The Community Manager is responsible for management, coordination and overseeing of all phases of the operation of a property, including (but not limited to): providing leadership and direction to all staff at the property, budget preparation and control, general administration, property maintenance (exterior and interior), unit leasing and collections, all financial and administrative reporting concerning the property, staff and residents, resident relations, and control of the financial resources and assets of the property.
1. Responsible for the management, direction, training and safety of all employees assigned to the property or properties under his/her control. Must have ability to assess critical or emergency situations, make calm and sound business judgments’ and respond to situations when management support is not immediately available.
2. Responsible for hiring (for open positions approved by the Regional Property Manager), training, completing and conducting performance evaluations for all staff at the property, recommending salary increases, and when required counseling, disciplining and terminating employees under his/her direct control in accordance with company policy.
3. Establish schedules and assign staff for office work as well as routine and emergency work. Approve and schedule paid and unpaid time off requests from staff.
4. Train staff in safe operating procedures, and accurately report all accidents and emergency situations to appropriate personnel.
5. Creates, designs and executes marketing campaigns for leasing of rental units, including promotion, tours of property and rental units. Prepares, processes, modifies and signs lease agreements and related forms. Maintains knowledge of competition and market conditions effecting leasing and operations and makes adjustments to the business and marketing models to ensure the Company remains competitive and in compliance with applicable federal and state laws.
6. Ensures all residents living in community meet compliance and eligibility requirements as established by the appropriate local, state and/or federal agencies. Address any non-compliant issues swiftly and appropriately.
7. Assist in preparation and implementation the annual budget and maintain accurate financial records for the property, including payroll records, daily bank deposits and control of the cash accounts at the property. Maintain vacancy information reports as required by corporate, investors and monitoring agencies.
8. Supervise any outside contractors working on the property. Perform physical needs assessment, negotiate contracts with vendors, and ensure work is completed by the agreed upon deadline.
9. Participate in and direct office and maintenance staff regarding all move in/out and agency inspections and inspection processes.
10. Meet and work with residents, resident organizations and resident services providers to address issues, make improvements, and maintain positive relations.
11. Comply with all Company Accounting and Operations directives, policies and procedures.
12. Continually inspect property recording deficiencies, making improvements and taking any required actions according to Company guidelines.
13. Obtain all certifications or licenses that are required by the company, state or agencies within first year of employment. Remain current on and compliant with all laws and policies effecting the leasing of the property and all required certifications.
14. Perform other duties as assigned.
-Two or more years’ experience in multi-family residential property management, preferably with experience
with direct supervision of employees.
- Multi-family residential leasing experience required.
-Accredited Resident Manager or similar designation preferred.
-Accounting/Financial and Administrative background preferred.
-Tax Credit, Section 8 and/or Public housing experience preferred.
-High School Diploma or equivalent required.
-Two or more years of college preferred.
-Required certifications or licenses preferred, or the ability to obtain within one year required.
Required Skills and Abilities:
-Professional appearance and the ability to resolve conflicts in a professional manner
-Excellent organizational skills with attention to detail and ability to keep accurate and legible financial records.
-Must possess valid driver’s license, driving record and vehicle (in most cases, exceptions may apply).
- Primarily an office environment, but will need the ability to meet residents in their units, show units to potential residents, walk around to inspect the property, often in a multi-story facility including climbing stairs. May work around cleaning solvents, paint fumes and landscaping chemicals.
- Evening and weekend work may be required as well as on-call response to emergency or maintenance situations.
Need help finding the right job?
We can recommend jobs specifically for you!Click here to get started.