Senior Mechanical Engineer
KAIROS, Inc is searching for an energetic, experienced, and highly motivated Senior Mechanical Engineer, to join our team.
Established in July 2013, KAIROS, Inc. is a growing Woman Owned Small Business (WOSB) providing full life cycle Cybersecurity, Program Management, Systems Engineering, and Training and Education services focused on optimizing customers program performance and mission through proven methodologies and ethical practices. Our headquarters is in California, MD near Naval Air Station Patuxent River. We also have divisions in Dahlgren and Virginia Beach, VA.
This position will perform engineering support to the Organic Product Development Office located at Webster Outlying Field, St. Inigoes, MD.
- Perform engineering duties in planning, designing and fabrication of mechanical components for C5ISR systems. This includes chassis, brackets, mounts and similar components.
- Work with shop artisans, drafters/modelers, engineers and customer to determine best design and manufacturing approach to support customer requirements and constraints
- Elicit and capture customer requirements
- Prepare for and participate in Systems Engineering Technical Reviews
- Implement engineering best practices and processes
- Provide leadership and mentoring of engineers, drafters/modelers
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Experience with DoD systems design (aircraft and shipboard system design experience desired)
- Experience in designing for manufacturing, knowledge of manufacturing methods strength and limitations
- 3D Modeling and 2D drawing development to support TDP and BOM generation (SOLIDWORKS desired)
- Engineering analysis in the areas of stress and fatigue in static and dynamic environments (ANSYS desired)
- Experience in implementing engineering best practices and development of engineering processes
- Strong customer relations, analytics, documentation skills.
- Self-starter, highly motivated, strong work ethic with a commitment to quality.
- Microsoft office suite proficiency.
- Ability to work within a challenging, fast-paced, team-oriented environment
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to multi-task and meet competing, deliverable deadlines
- Detail oriented
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to provide clear status and/or communicate issues
- Ability to adapt to evolving technology
Education and Experience:
- Bachelors degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- Seven (7) or more years of experience in engineering.
Clearance: This position is subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. This position requires an ACTIVE Secret Security Clearance.
KAIROS, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, ancestry, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
As required by Executive Order 14042, Federal contractor employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by January 4, 2022. KAIROS requires all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Newly hired employees must be fully vaccinated prior to their employment start date. KAIROS will provide reasonable accommodation to those with an approved exemption prior to starting employment as long as it does not create an undue hardship for KAIROS and/or does not pose a direct threat to the health or safety of the employee or others in the workplace.