The role of the HR Business Partner is to partner with leaders of assigned business units by integrating corporate HR strategies and providing HR solutions and support to add value to the business and designated internal clients. Consults with assigned senior managers to interpret and apply corporate human resources programs to the business. Participates in the development, implementation and ongoing feedback/modification of HR programs. The focus of this role is on the future of the organization. The HR Business Partner is part of the leadership in the business and is involved in business decisions.
- Contributes to the development of the business strategy by partnering with business leaders to identify, prioritize and build organizational capabilities, competencies, skills, and processes. Consults with management on the implementation and effectiveness of corporate human resources programs.
- Proactively identifies new opportunities where HR can add value to the business. Applies metrics and tools to identify areas of opportunity and assess results of actions taken.
- Consults with business leaders on enterprise programs including performance management, total compensation planning, recruitment strategy, engagement and training and development.
- Supports managers in forecasting, planning and developing their talent pipeline requirements in line with the function/business strategy and employee demographics.
- Proactively identifies potential human resources policy or program changes and recommends alternative practices to the appropriate Human Resource area. Acts as a liaison between the line and HR to ensure the alignment of internal client needs and HR activities.
- Provides expert advice and coaching to senior managers, and employees when appropriate.
- Participates in or leads special committees or councils to strategically develop, implement and administer HR programs and policies for the organization.
- Drives change through the business and its HR programs utilizing change management tools. Directly interacts with the most senior levels of business management.
- Acts as a trusted advisor to senior management by building and establishing effective, consultative relationships.
- Manages or participates in projects as required in functional and cross-functional business and/or HR initiatives.
- Build effective relationships with other HRBPs and professionals in the HR Centers of Expertise to stay informed regarding relevant business, HR and people issues
- 10 or more years of relevant experience
- Experience working in a multi-State environment,
- Experience working in the financial services industry preferred
- Substantial knowledge of both HR and business unit strategies, and a comprehensive understanding of the link between HR and business strategy.
- Innovative thinking to identify new ways for HR to support the business strategy and to develop clear, actionable steps in support of the overall business strategy
- Strong consulting, interpersonal, teamwork, communication and client service skills
- Significant knowledge of HR policies and processes (e.g. workforce planning, talent management, compensation)
- Knowledge of local employment laws
About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world's most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
Working with Us:
As a Northern Trust partner, you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve!
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why Forbes ranked us the top employer for Diversity in 2018.
We'd love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world's most admired and ethical companies. Build your career with us and apply today.