Network Engineer (Cisco Collaboration)
At Presidio, we think, architect, implement and support the practical reality of IT every day. We bring together the best minds in the industry to deliver IT excellence and support the answers to our clients’ IT challenges. As one of the largest IT-as-a-Service solution providers in the U.S., we combine experience and stability with regional expertise and the unique ability to cover local and global business needs. For more information about Presidio visit our website at www.presidio.com or follow us on Twitter@Presidio
As a Collaboration Engineer, your primary responsibility is to provide design, consulting and implementation and support services to the company’s customers. In this role the majority of your time will be in a billing capacity but some pre-sales engineering will be expected. This position will partner with members of the designated consulting and engineering teams as well as operate with a high degree of independence.
- Completes and performs project designs, implementations, configurations, and upgrades of Cisco Unified Communications (Video, VoIP and data networks). This includes troubleshooting for all customer environments.
- Assist clients in the daily maintenance of video/audio, voice and data network infrastructure including LAN/WAN, and VoIP.
- Demonstrate expert level knowledge of network topologies and conditions; ensure changes to network topologies are made with minimal down-time.
- Manage video/audio, data/voice networking relationships and work with vendors to escalate issues when appropriate.
- Review network utilization statistics to verify that circuits are properly sized; take proactive approaches in provisioning bandwidth to meet needs or determine more analysis is required to determine types of bandwidth usage
- Be a customer technical liaison for Presidio’s technical support and development teams.
- Provide technical guidance and support to other Engineers as needed.
- Provides peer reviews of implementations, configurations, and documentation for team members
- Assists and mentors other team members with deployment or best practices.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience and/or military experience
- A minimum of four years of experience in Cisco Unified Communications or LAN/WAN network administration and engineering is required.
- Two years consulting experience with Cisco Unified Communications is highly desired
- CCNP-Voice or equivalent knowledge is preferred (CCIE-Voice highly desired).
- Must have expert-level hands-on operation of networking equipment, management tools and network analyzers
- Must have “hands-on” technical expertise
- Excellent communication and documentation skills
- Although the role is for Unified Communication Engineer, a strong background in Cisco Route/Switch/Wireless is a definite plus.
- Ability to travel up to 25%
Presidio, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer/ VEVRAA Federal Contractor. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for this position regardless of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, ethnicity, veteran status, marital status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state and local statutes, regulations and ordinances.
To read more about employment discrimination protections under federal law, please visit: https://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf
If you have any difficulty using our online system and need an accommodation in the job application process due to a disability, please send an email to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé] for assistance.
Presidio, Inc. is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor requesting priority referrals of protected veterans for its openings. State Employment Services; please provide priority referrals to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]
RECRUITMENT AGENCIES PLEASE NOTE: Presidio has a strict PSL in place and will only accept applications from agencies/business partners that have been invited to work on this role through the Presidio portal. Candidate Resumes/CV\u0027s not submitted through the Presidio portal or submitted directly to Hiring Managers will be considered unsolicited and will be treated as gifts and no fee will be payable. Thank you for your cooperation.