Darigold is seeking a motivated Production Operator to join our plant in Caldwell, ID. As a member of the Operations team, the Production Operator should possess the desire and ability to contribute to the success of the plant. Our plants create nutritious products 24/7, 365 days a year- availability to work multiple shifts, including weekends and holidays is a must! The ideal candidate for this role excels in a fast-paced environment and can handle multiple repetitive tasks. You have a strong attention to detail, and are committed to producing high quality product.
This position operates HTST units, separators and membrane units, and may receive Bulk Milk shipments. This position is to follow safety procedures to ensure milk standardization equipment is operating correctly.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (other duties may be assigned):
- Perform frequent test on milk and butterfat test on cream as needed.
- Record and analyze test results, modify operation of equipment in response to test results.
- CIP (Clean In Place) equipment as needed
- Document all operations as required.
- Perform Operator Maintenance as required.
- Assist in training of new personnel.
- Minimize water usage and the generation of wastewater within the scope of the position.
- Follow all General Manufacturing Practices and work in a manner consistent with regulatory requirements.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Adherence to Good Manufacturing Processes
- Ability to lift and carry 50 lbs occasionally
- Ability to ascend and descend stairs frequently
- Ability to follow instructions with minimal supervision
- Ability to make decisions on equipment operations based on test data
- Good verbal & written communication skills
- Able and willing to work 12 hour shifts
- Pervious separator / dairy experience is preferred
Education, Experience and Certifications
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred
- 1 year production experience preferred
At Darigold we embrace diversity & welcome all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, gender identity and expression, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability, marital status, creed, religion, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law- We're proud to say we are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
As a condition of employment applicants offered a role will be required to s