Why is This a Great Opportunity?
Our client is an international and independent automotive components manufacturer operating in two main areas of activity: fluids management and mechanisms. As a Tier 1 supplier, with an industrial presence in 22 countries covering 5 continents, and 40 manufacturing sites, the group has more than 10,000 employees and is continuing to grow. We have high retention rates and a history of developing our people through expanding responsibilities or developing within different areas of functional responsibility. Looking for a self-starter, someone who is eager to learn, process oriented, results driven with a “go-getter“ attitude.
Open to relocation, but need someone with strong ties to Northern Michigan – preferably someone who lives or has lived in the area. It’s a fabulous quality of life IF a good match. Small towns, rural, beautiful summers and fall, cold snowy winters. Families must love all season outdoor activities. Low cost of living and housing – even lake front in many areas (lots of lakes). But a totally different way of life and many who aren’t really familiar with it and move from the cities have an issue and don’t stay long term. On the other hand, those who love it never leave.
- Implementing Michigan Occupational Health and Safety (MIOSHA) regulations aimed at preventing Health, Safety, Environmental and Energetic risks
- Overall plant safety (fitness testing, accident follow-up and prevention, annual training, new employee orientations, all things relative to maintaining a safe and healthy work place)
- PPE Audits
- Ensuring (with the Plant General Manager support) the follow-up of corrective and preventive actions to address Health, Safety, Environment and Energy occupational health, safety, environment and energy nonconformities (excluding SMQSE2 audit) or dysfunctions
- Minimum of a High School Diploma with at least 2 years of Higher Education or certification in a technical discipline or HSE2 specialization, with one year experience in this field.
- Bachelors of Science Degree in Industrial Safety and Health preferred.
- Hands on experience with Health and Safety compliance and training.
- Deep Knowledge of MIOSHA Standards, IATF 16949, ISO 14001 standards, OHSAS 18001 and/or ISO 45 001 Safety Standards, ISO 50 001 Standard, and of the legal and regulatory requirements applicable to local facilities, networks, machines, equipment and operating procedures in effect on the site.