· Describe necessary knowledge and skills, and the type and amount of formal schooling.
· Work experience normally acquired to attain
· Minimum High School diploma or GED equivalent.
· Minimum 1-2 years background experience in packing house (beef preferred) to learn about the various products that are produced
· Knowledge of products and their specifications is essential.
· Communication skills
· Ability to motivate workers
· Bilingual important, but not mandatory as long as translators are inline area.
· Insure the quality and yields of products on the line.
· Supervise all hourly employees on the line.
· Responsible for the safety and motivation of all employees supervised.
· Ensure that all products leaving the line area meet the required specifications.
· Prepare pre-operational paperwork and ensure the line is clean and sanitized before the day’s operations begin.
· Ensure the area is properly staffed to meet production needs.
· Prepare employee paperwork for all employees on the line.
· Job performance is measured by the General Foreman: Fabrication on such criteria as the overall productivity of the area and how well supervisor manages hourly employees.
· Understand and adhere to all union regulations in regard to hourly employees.
· Attend and give input at daily supervisor meetings within the fabrication area.
· Run line meetings once a month for hourly employees online.
· Responsible for administering follow-up training on all personnel
· Directly responsible for discipline procedures with hourly employees on the line. These may range from verbal warnings to terminations.