This person is a highly skilled web designer first with applied knowledge and experience of front end development as a secondary skillset.
What You’ll Do:
- Play a critical role in the development and growth of the company and its brands.
- Create high-quality website designs and landing pages with a fast turnaround time.
- Prepare well-structured drafts with WordPress content management system.
- Establish design guidelines, standards, and best practices.
- Maintain the appearance of websites and enforce content standards.
- Design sample pages including presenting website structure.
- Design visual imagery for websites and ensure website consistency across mediums.
- Communicate design ideas with wireframes, user flows, process flows, and site maps.
- Help identify and elevate UI and UX on our sites.
- Hypothesize and execute CRO implementations.
- And much more!
This position is also responsible for assisting in the development and maintenance of the institution’s web presence with minimal direction and oversight when needed. The role works collaboratively within the digital marketing team to help the institution achieve its lead conversion objectives.
The Web Designer role works closely with and reports to the Head of Web and Content Manager and partners with the Senior Web Developer.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent work experience, minimum 3 years.
- Proficiency in graphic design software including Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe XD, and other visual software
- You will have a strong understanding of the WordPress environment, installs, clones, backups, plugins, themes (required)
- You have an expert understanding on graphics (DPI, RGB, HEX, RASTERRIZED, PNG, WEB READY and JPGS)
- You have experience with Adobe Creative Cloud
- You have a creative eye for design
- You have strong understanding of CSS and HTML
- CRO experience, and experience with Lucky Orange and Convert.com CRO platforms highly desirable.
- Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues
- Have extensive experience with WordPress (3+ years).
- Ability to create and maintain graphics.
- MUST HAVE Experience with WP Engine and WordPress sites.
- Five or more years of proficiency in website creation and support in industry standard tools.
- Strong understanding of development principles and standard systems.
- Superior knowledge of development tools, trends, technologies, resource usage, and best practices.
- Ability to clearly articulate ideas and listen to others.
- Outstanding organization skills and attention to detail.
- Exceptional communications skills, both oral and written.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Develops and ensures consistently high technologically and architecturally functional standards for web and interactive design to enhance the image of the institution.
- Independently maintains and develops web applications solutions that support the institution’s online marketing activities and content management system.
- Codes and tests third party integrations, and works collaboratively with others to execute the plan most effectively.
- Understands strategies on how best to use networking and server-based technologies, and troubleshoots and develops maintenance plans for web servers.
Maintains weekly and monthly reports to provide ongoing analysis and monitoring of KPIs.