At Veeva, we build enterprise cloud technology that powers the biggest names in the pharmaceutical, biotech, consumer goods, chemical & cosmetics industries. Our customers make vaccines, life-saving medicines, and life-enhancing products that make a difference in everyday lives. Our technology has transformed these industries; enabling them to get critical products and services to market faster. Our core values, Do the Right Thing, Customer Success, Employee Success, and Speed, guide us as we make our customers more efficient and effective in everything they do.
Veeva’s Test automation infrastructure team is seeking an enthusiastic automation architect who is passionate about quality and automation. Thearchitect will be responsible for delivering the complete automation test infrastructure/tools for Vault automation to use, while adhering to the bestautomation practices/principles. He/She will coach our quality engineers to be the best in class automation engineers, and will be continuouslylooking for improvements to ensure high standards for automation.
What You'll Do
- Revamp / rewire the existing automation infrastructure to deliver a stable and scalable automation architecture for Vault’s API/UI/Mobile needs
- As a subject matter expert, architect and develop automation infrastructure that can span our development delivery models
- Drive towards a high pass-rate of automated tests execution laying out a path of reliability and consistency in results
- Be research savvy and be a subject matter expert of current industry-wide quality & test processes, tools and technologies.
- Perform assessments (POCs), develop solutions and proposals to lead the automation development strategy and implementation into new technologies that would help maximize quality in all Vault products
- Act as a trusted advisor to management, perform assessments, develop solutions and drive forward innovation to lead the automation infrastructure strategy making sure that the automation’s goals are met
- Support QA automation staff through training, mentoring and problem solving
- Work with cross-functional teams (Architects, Developers, QA, Devops) in test automation activities across the organization.
- Streamline automation suites both front-end and back-end, in a continuous integration pipeline.
- Communicate, coordinate and align automation strategy with the engineering team members, make recommendations to improve reliability, performance, best practices and processes
- 10+ years’ experience in software testing or related field.
- 5+ years’ experience architecting test automation frameworks.
- A passion for quality and automation.
- Creativity and a willingness to explore new technologies.
- Tenacity and technical brilliance to provide highly-credible leadership to automation teams.
- Ability to make the important trade-offs between perfection and complexity
- Proven track record of successfully implementing and deploying automation frameworks across UI, API and mobile platforms.
- Demonstrated expertise in designing, implementing and documenting software test automation frameworks over various platforms,Server, Web and native Mobile
- Experience in test frameworks and tools like Junit, TestNG, Appium, JMeter, Selenium, Cucumber
- Strong knowledge and experience with OOP, preferably Java
- Experience interacting with continuous integration tools like Jenkins
- Problem Solving, process improvement and coaching
- Strong written and verbal English skills to support complex analysis
- Strong knowledge with code coverage tools and metrics.
Nice to Have
- Familiarity with JIRA, GIT, SQL and databases
- Familiarity with both Linux and Windows environments.
Perks & Benefits
- Flexible PTO
- Healthy, free, provided lunches and snacks every day
- Allocations for continuous learning & development
- Onsite gym with free fitness classes offered daily
Veeva’s headquarters is located in the San Francisco Bay Area with offices in more than 15 countries around the world.
Veeva is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.