At Veeva, we build enterprise cloud technology that powers the biggest names in the pharmaceutical, biotech, consumer goods, chemical & cosmetics industries. Our customers make vaccines, life-saving medicines, and life-enhancing products that make a difference in everyday lives. Our technology has transformed these industries; enabling them to get critical products and services to market faster. Our core values, Do the Right Thing, Customer Success, Employee Success, and Speed, guide us as we make our customers more efficient and effective in everything they do.
Are you a talented writer who enjoys making software and processes easy to understand? Can you write online help articles for business users one day and contribute to technical documents for developers the next day? Can you understand the needs of developers, end users, and administrators?
Veeva CRM is looking for a technical writer who can excel in a rapid, agile environment. You need to be a team player who can create documentation for all users.
What You’ll Do
- Take ownership of documentation for multiple features; for each feature, you'll track the development process, research the feature to understand both the high-level concepts and small details, provide high quality user documentation (release notes and detailed help topics), and ensure the documentation is thoroughly reviewed.
- Invest in CRM by becoming a product expert and keeping up with new features, including those documented by other writers.
- Be alert for opportunities to improve the existing documentation. This includes working with requests from customer support and product managers, watching for common functionality questions from our services team, and working directly in the product to understand where users might experience difficulty.
- Ensure new articles maintain a consistent style, tone, and approach by following a style guide, reviewing existing documentation, and participating in peer reviews.
- BA in English, Communications or similar
- Proven 2+ years software technical writing experience
- Experience in software development
- Excellent written communication and research skills
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment, with little direct supervision; you have to like the small company feeling
- Experience using industry-standard authoring and publishing tools such as Flare, Oxygen, XMetaL, or FrameMaker
Nice to Have
- Experience with and understanding of life sciences companies
- Experience composing, narrating, and editing video tutorial
- Experience using Jira and Confluence
Perks & Benefits
- Flexible PTO
- Healthy, free, provided lunches and snacks every day
- Allocations for continuous learning & development
- Onsite gym with free fitness classes offered daily
Veeva’s headquarters is located in the San Francisco Bay Area with offices in more than 15 countries around the world.
Veeva is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.