At Veeva, we build enterprise cloud technology that powers the biggest names in the pharmaceutical, biotech, consumer goods, chemical & cosmetics industries. Our customers make vaccines, life-saving medicines, and life-enhancing products that make a difference in everyday lives. Our technology has transformed these industries; enabling them to get critical products and services to market faster. Our core values, Do the Right Thing, Customer Success, Employee Success, and Speed, guide us as we make our customers more efficient and effective in everything they do.
We’re looking for data-centric Senior Java Engineers to join our rapid expanding Veeva Nitro team, to develop our scalable, high performance Analytic + ETL platform. Veeva Nitro, recognized as the industry’s first turnkey Life Sciences data warehouse solution, is changing the industry as the innovative analytic solution, acquiring data from a wide variety of Veeva applications, 3rd party service providers, and industry data sources to give our pharma customer a complete, end to end picture of their commercial life sciences universe.
For this role, we need exceptional team players, strong experience in large scale, clustered data management, pipelines, experience w/ big data technologies, integrating with cloud based applications, working with relational platforms like Amazon Redshift.
This is a cool opportunity to get in early, join our innovative team of Data Management, Big Data, Data Warehousing, Data Science experts to deliver metadata driven analytics integrated with our Life Sciences solutions. If you play well on smart teams, enjoy developing innovative solutions, and are looking for an opportunity to work with a fast growing company, we should talk.
What You'll Do
- Designing and developing Java platform for scalable, turnkey multi-tenant solutions
- Collaboration with platform peers (Metadata Management, Data Pipeline Services, Application Connectors, Data Warehouse Engineering, User Interface, Testing)
- Work with Ops teams to provision, scale, tune solutions
- Integrating new technologies to support advanced analytic use cases
- Supporting customer issues and new opportunities from the field
- Expert in Java data management technologies
- Strong experience w/ cloud based services oriented architectures and API development
- Familiarity with Big Data technologies,
- Strong RBMSdata centric experience (large scale RDBMS, Redshift, Teradata, Snowflake)
Nice to Have
- AWS Services (S3, Redshift, EMR, Auto-Scaling, AMI, Terraform)
- Experience w/ large scale big data pipeline – ETL / Kafka / Spark / MapReduce
- Salesforce Integration
- BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related subject
Perks & Benefits
- Flexible PTO
- Healthy, free, provided lunches and snacks every day
- Allocations for continuous learning & development
- Onsite gym with free fitness classes offered daily
Veeva’s headquarters is located in the San Francisco Bay Area with offices in more than 15 countries around the world.
Veeva is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.