At Veeva, we build enterprise cloud technology that powers the biggest names in the pharmaceutical, biotech, consumer goods, chemical & cosmetics industries. Our customers make vaccines, life-saving medicines, and life-enhancing products that make a difference in everyday lives. Our technology has transformed these industries; enabling them to get critical products and services to market faster. Our core values, Do the Right Thing, Customer Success, Employee Success, and Speed, guide us as we make our customers more efficient and effective in everything they do.
Are you a software engineer who is passionate about building customer-facing software products that will improve many people’s lives and make a significant impact to the society?
Do you appreciate the craftsmanship in software development and take pride in your work and the process you follow?
Do you enjoy high levels of autonomy and end-to-end feature ownerships in the fastest-growing cloud application suite in the life science industry?
What You'll Do
- Rapidly build new applications on an existing, robust enterprise platform
- Build new infrastructure from scratch following the best practices in cloud software development
- Work on multiple types of software development including backend (primary), front-end, and devops
- Collaborate with product managers and QA to deliver cutting edge solutions and deliver value to our customers
- Build on existing skills to become a domain expert
- Mentor junior developers
- 5 years experience in server-side programming in Java, preferably at an enterprise cloud software company
- Proven ability to write clean, testable, readable code in a team environment
- Good design sense in converting business requirements into technical implementation leveraging Veeva framework and API
- Hands on experience with open source technologies such as Spring/Spring Boot, MySQL, React, Hibernate, Solr, Maven, Git, Jenkins, Mockito, Tomcat, Vagrant, Docker, Terraform, Kubernetes, Linux
- Experience with architecting and deploying highly reliable, scalable and fault tolerant systems on AWS is a plus
- 3 + years of experience in relational databases with a mastery of SQL and data modeling
Perks & Benefits
- Flexible PTO
- Healthy, free, provided lunches and snacks every day
- Allocations for continuous learning & development
- Onsite gym with free fitness classes offered daily
- Engineer Perspective: 3 Reasons to Consider Veeva
- Life at Veeva: Engineering at our HQ
Veeva’s headquarters is located in the San Francisco Bay Area with offices in more than 15 countries around the world.
Veeva is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.