At Veeva, we build enterprise cloud technology that powers the biggest names in the pharmaceutical, biotech, consumer goods, chemical & cosmetics industries. Our customers make vaccines, life-saving medicines, and life-enhancing products that make a difference in everyday lives. Our technology has transformed these industries; enabling them to get critical products and services to market faster. Our core values, Do the Right Thing, Customer Success, Employee Success, and Speed, guide us as we make our customers more efficient and effective in everything they do.
Do you dream about leading an engineering team with the talent, passion, and financial backing to build killer, industry-changing cloud-based applications and platform? Veeva is looking for a passionate Release Engineer to work at our Pleasanton location. You’ll work on the Release Engineering team, which utilizes modern technologies and best practices to deliver seamless releases to all our Vault customers.
Vault is a proven, cloud-based development platform to manage documents and related data, while automating tasks and processes across the organization. Vault applications are purpose-built using the platform to provide a single source of truth with complete visibility and increased compliance on a single cloud platform.
What You’ll Do
- Work closely with Vault Engineering and Technical Operations to support the existing release and change management process
- Execute and manage deployment activities for each sprint
- Manage risks and resolve issues that affect release scope, schedule and quality
- Collaborate with key Development and Quality Assurance stakeholders in developing and executing a robust test and release process
- Facilitate resolution of deployment problems with Development, Quality Assurance and Technical Operations
- Proactively identify, recommend and implement software release process improvements to maximize efficiency
- Familiarity with Linux
- Experience with AWS
- Experience in release engineering for an organization with large and complex applications
- Establishes and maintains good working relationships with other Engineering and Technical Operations teams
- Flexibility and adaptability towards changes in assignments and work schedules
- Pride in work through attention to detail
- Works under minimal supervision with extensive latitude for initiative and independent judgement.
Nice to Have
- Full-Time experience in Release Engineering, DevOps, or Software Automation
- Proficient with CI tools such as Jenkins
- Experience with source code version control systems such as Git
- Solid understanding of Agile and DevOps methodologies
- Computer Science or related bachelor’s degree
Perks & Benefits
- Flexible PTO
- Healthy, free, provided lunches and snacks every day
- Allocations for continuous learning & development
- Onsite gym with free fitness classes offered daily
Veeva’s headquarters is located in the San Francisco Bay Area with offices in more than 15 countries around the world.
Veeva is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.