At Veeva, we build enterprise cloud technology that powers the biggest names in the pharmaceutical, biotech, consumer goods, chemical & cosmetics industries. Our customers make vaccines, life-saving medicines, and life-enhancing products that make a difference in everyday lives. Our technology has transformed these industries; enabling them to get critical products and services to market faster. Our core values, Do the Right Thing, Customer Success, Employee Success, and Speed, guide us as we make our customers more efficient and effective in everything they do.
Document management is the crown jewel of the Vault platform. The Director of Product Management, Vault Documents will take Vault’s market-leading document management capabilities to the next level in support of new and existing Vault applications.
You must be familiar with core document functions such as meta-data management, versioning, approval and eSignatures. You must also be adept at in-the-details product execution. You will need to define products & features, then guide those through detailed execution with the development team to release.
You will be leader of one of Veeva’s best known and most important product domains.
What You'll Do
- Define and prioritize product vision & roadmap, collecting and synthesizing input from application leaders, customers, partners, executives, sales, services and engineering
- Managing the entire product lifecycle from strategic planning to tactical activities
- Bring the voice of the customer into engineering as they drive the creation of, and execution against, the product roadmap
- Evangelize products and become the subject matter expert for internal audiences, external customers, and market facing communications
- Educate services and sales consultants on the product(s) through written materials, demonstrations, and articulation of best practices
- Collaborate with other internal stakeholders (e.g. application development, operations, etc. – including those at company headquarters) to manage resources, timelines, and conflicts
- Be a role model for the company culture
- 10+ years in software product management
- Working knowledge of at least one leading enterprise document management system
- Deep familiarity with REST APIs and data modeling concepts
- Deep experience in researching and understanding client and market requirements to develop short and long term product roadmaps and plans
- Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues and staff to create a results-driven, team-oriented environment
- Ability to plan and manage at both strategic and operational levels
- Excellent communication skills: written, verbal and formal presentation
- History of providing personal leadership through example
- Track record of success using Agile/Scrum or similar methodologies
- A strong sense of professional ethics
- Based in Pleasanton, CA and able to work out of the Veeva office
- Experience interacting with customers, development, and services teams, both local and remote.
Nice To Have
- Experience with the Life Sciences industry
Perks & Benefits
- Flexible PTO
- Healthy, free, provided lunches and snacks every day
- Allocations for continuous learning & development
- Onsite gym with free fitness classes offered daily
Veeva’s headquarters is located in the San Francisco Bay Area with offices in more than 15 countries around the world.
Veeva is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.