At Veeva, we build enterprise cloud technology that powers the biggest names in the pharmaceutical, biotech, consumer goods, chemical & cosmetics industries. Our customers make vaccines, life-saving medicines, and life-enhancing products that make a difference in everyday lives. Our technology has transformed these industries; enabling them to get critical products and services to market faster. Our core values, Do the Right Thing, Customer Success, Employee Success, and Speed, guide us as we make our customers more efficient and effective in everything they do.
The Prep Cook will assist in daily lunch prep and production, have good knife skills, good time management, a sense of urgency, a positive attitude, the ability to follow directions, and a general understanding of food handling procedures. This is a Monday-Friday position with the weekends off.
What You’ll Do
- Follow direction and prep lists as outlined by Executive Chef.
- Clean and maintain kitchen stations focusing on safety and sanitation guidelines.
- Support all staff as needed.
- Assist with lunch service wiping down service stations, refilling salad and sandwich stations
- Stock, clean,and organize fridges and walk in coolers.
- Rotate and consolidate product based on freshness, label and date all product
- Maintain and clean self serve stations, salad/sandwich bar etc.
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment at all times.
- Help guests, answer questions, and fulfill customer requests.
- Help with next day's prep if finished early, and Grab and Go Meals.
- 2+ years experience in a commercial kitchen. Relevant experience will be considered.
- Positive attitude, strong work ethic, communication and patience.
- Understanding and knowledge of safety, sanitation and food handling procedures.
- Excellent attendance and punctuality is required with schedule flexibility determined by needs.
- Commitment to quality and service.
- Flexibility and ingenuity. Willing to work with alternative approaches and overcome challenges and limitations.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 50 pounds
- High School Diploma
- Cooking and food preparation skills and/or experience.
Perks & Benefits
- Healthy, free, provided lunches and snacks every day
- Onsite gym with free fitness classes offered daily
Veeva’s headquarters is located in the San Francisco Bay Area with offices in more than 15 countries around the world.
Veeva is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.