At Veeva, we build enterprise cloud technology that powers the biggest names in the pharmaceutical, biotech, consumer goods, chemical & cosmetics industries. Our customers make vaccines, life-saving medicines, and life-enhancing products that make a difference in everyday lives. Our technology has transformed these industries; enabling them to get critical products and services to market faster. Our core values, Do the Right Thing, Customer Success, Employee Success, and Speed, guide us as we make our customers more efficient and effective in everything they do.
The role of the Line Cook is to prepare and serve daily lunch offering and be responsible for hotline, and service stations. Working under the direction of the Executive Chef weekly menus will be executed on time with quality and excellent service in mind. This is full-time, Monday-Friday position with weekends off. Hourly rate is $22.00. Holidays Off/ Paid Holidays, Full Benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision) and Career Development benefits.
What You’ll Do
- Lunch production through prepping, cooking and serving.
- Setup, service and breakdown of lunch stations and signage. Store and label leftovers.
- Grab and Go Production- Utilizing remaining prep from service or previous day to create offering for people who missed lunch.
- Follow direction and prep lists as outlined by the Executive Chef.
- Clean and maintain kitchen stations in accordance with all safety and sanitation guidelines.
- Maintain a clean work environment at all times.
- Support prep/ porter staff as needed.
- Help guests, answer questions and fulfill people’s requests.
- Collaborate on evening events( When Applicable i.e. Team Building Events, Monthly Company Socials etc)
- 2+ years experience in a formal kitchen environment with a passion for food. Relevant experience will be considered.
- Excellent attendance and punctuality is required with schedule flexibility determined by needs.
- Commitment to quality service, food and beverage knowledge.
- Basic understanding of professional cooking and good knife skills.
- Understanding and knowledge of safety, sanitation and food handling procedures.
- Flexibility and ingenuity. Willingness to work with alternative approaches.
- Good time management, and a sense of urgency.
- Ability to follow directions.
Nice to Have
- Knowledge of local products, producers, farms, and a general knowledge of seasonal cooking.
- Familiarity with raw, vegan, vegetarian, gluten free, paleo, and whole grain products
- Healthy, free, provided lunches and snacks every day
- Onsite gym with free fitness classes offered daily
Veeva’s headquarters is located in the San Francisco Bay Area with offices in more than 15 countries around the world.
Veeva is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.