At Veeva, we build enterprise cloud technology that powers the biggest names in the pharmaceutical, biotech, consumer goods, chemical & cosmetics industries. Our customers make vaccines, life-saving medicines, and life-enhancing products that make a difference in everyday lives. Our technology has transformed these industries; enabling them to get critical products and services to market faster. Our core values, Do the Right Thing, Customer Success, Employee Success, and Speed, guide us as we make our customers more efficient and effective in everything they do.
The goal of the Kitchen Porter is to support the Kitchen crew to ensure that kitchen, dining and dish areas, and equipment are clean. The Kitchen Porter will take the lead in much of the cleanliness, organization, receiving and safety that makes the culinary program run. Monday through Friday, weekends off.
What You'll Do
- Wash, dry and maintain dishes.
- Set up plates, napkins, silverware, glassware etc. for lunch service.
- Follow direction and preparation lists as outlined by Executive Chef.
- Clean and maintain kitchen stations in accordance with all safety and sanitation guidelines.
- Support all staff as needed.
- Assist with lunch service wiping down service stations, tables, processing all dirty dishes refilling clean plates, utensils as they become available.
- Receive deliveries - check in each order based on invoice, and distribute to intended floors.
- Stock, clean and organize fridges and Walk in coolers.
- Organize and consolidate back-stock-Dry Storage/storage rooms
- Rotate and consolidate product based on freshness, label and date all product
- Drink Prep- Responsible for Infused Water, Tea, and Drink Station Cleaning and up-keep.
- Maintain and clean dish area, and self-serve stations, salad/sandwich bar etc.
- Maintain recycling and compost/trash stations. Sort and remove recycling, compost, garbage and pallets making sure all garbage is removed before the end of day.
- Help guests, answer questions and fulfill customer requests.
- 2+ years experience in a formal commercial kitchen environment. Relevant experience will be considered.
- Positive attitude, strong work ethic, communication and patience.
- Understanding and knowledge of safety, sanitation and food handling procedures.
- Excellent attendance and punctuality is required with schedule flexibility determined by needs.
- Commitment to quality and service.
Perks & Benefits
- Flexible PTO
- Healthy, free, provided lunches and snacks every day
- Onsite gym with free fitness classes offered daily
Veeva’s headquarters is located in the San Francisco Bay Area with offices in more than 15 countries around the world.
Veeva is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.