At Veeva, we build enterprise cloud technology that powers the biggest names in the pharmaceutical, biotech, consumer goods, chemical & cosmetics industries. Our customers make vaccines, life-saving medicines, and life-enhancing products that make a difference in everyday lives. Our technology has transformed these industries; enabling them to get critical products and services to market faster. Our core values, Do the Right Thing, Customer Success, Employee Success, and Speed, guide us as we make our customers more efficient and effective in everything they do.
Veeva is looking for a Quality Assurance Manager to lead a team of experienced QA engineers working in a critical area of Vault: The Vault Infrastructure/Search modules.
The manager will be defining and championing the testing of Vault Infrastructure. The QA Manager, will be driving both manual and automation testing efforts, and supporting our forward moving Vault road-map.
This role will be responsible for ensuring maximum quality in the Vault Infra / Search area and be a key partner with the development and product management counterparts in setting a standard of operation between the cross functional teams.
What You'll Do
- Manage a team of white-box QA engineers focused on:
- Infrastructure: Making improvements to make Vault more available to our customers by making Vault horizontally scale able by using new technologies like containers
- Search: Continuous delivery of features designed to improve the user experience for search-based functionality in Vault
- Provide technical guidance to the team to maintain high quality in the above areas
- Manage and grow a team of QA engineers, enhancing their knowledge of Vault as well as improve their technical skills that are used to enhance Vault infrastructure.
- Work with Development manager and Product owners on ensuring features are released on time with quality.
- Be responsible for identifying risks and working with the appropriate product development owners to ensure critical and high-risk items are prevented prior to release
- Be responsible to collaborate in a timely fashion for any new development that can affect other Vault teams.
- Define and own metrics and key performance indicators
- Be responsible for automating the areas you own, working with the automation infrastructure team in ensuring standards are followed
- Be knowledgeable on the latest infrastructure technologies like AWS, containers, Kubernetes, and be a proponent of leveraging appropriate automation tools that work well with these new technologies.
- Help automate failover processes that are repeatable and cover all aspects of DR testing
- BA or BS or equivalent experience is required; MA or MS is a plus
- Strong interpersonal skills including mentoring, coaching, collaborating and team building
- Proven experience in testing complex Infrastructure setup and hands on experience in configuration management and provisioning tools, preferably Ansible. Java and scripting experience in a must
- Experience in testing search engines, preferably Solr
- Strong analytical and organizational skills with an ability to manage competing demands
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Agile Project Management tools such as Jira, Jenkins
Nice to Have
- Agile / Scrum master knowledge
- Prior experience in testing Infrastructure in AWS
- Working knowledge of failover processes and testing of infrastructure
Perks & Benefits
- Flexible PTO
- Healthy, free, provided lunches and snacks every day
- Allocations for continuous learning & development
- Onsite gym with free fitness classes offered daily
Veeva’s headquarters is located in the San Francisco Bay Area with offices in more than 15 countries around the world.
Veeva is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.