Engineering Technician III - Telemetry
Req Number: 9585
California - Lancaster / Palmdale / Edwards AFB
JT4 provides engineering and technical support to multiple western test ranges for the U.S. Air Force and Navy under the Joint Range Technical Services Contract, better known as J-Tech II. We develop and maintain realistic integrated test and training environments, and prepare our nation's war-fighting aircraft, weapons systems, and aircrews for today's missions and tomorrow's global challenges.
RANGE POSITION DESCRIPTION
The job duties include, but are not limited to:
- Operations and maintenance support of telemetry tracking systems, data transport, and network systems under general technical guidance.
- Real-time mission support duties include establishing end-to-end connectivity with pre-mission checks for voice, video, and data--monitor real-time missions utilizing test equipment such spectrum analyzers, oscilloscopes, receiver analyzers, and Bit Error Rate (BER) testers.
- Installing and terminating cabling for RF, network, and fiber optic systems.
- Will perform preventative maintenance on all equipment per established procedures Local Work Cards (LWC), operating procedures, tech manuals, and other official documentation.
- Create local trouble tickets and use Maximo database to document work performed as required by procedures.
- Regular interfacing and communicating with the customers through email, phone, virtual and face-to-face meetings.
Please Note: The candidate may be required to work overtime, including weekends and different shifts, to accommodate dynamic mission support objectives. The job requirements dictate climbing communications towers and working on elevated work platforms.
- Working knowledge of telemetry tracking systems and the signal flow of a given system.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications to include Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, and Visio.
- Experience with Maximo database for purchase requisitions, tool control, and logistics.
- Experience in tower climbing and elevated work Platforms (boom and scissor Lifts).
- Commercial Drivers License (CDL)
REQUIREMENTS - EDUCATION, TECHNICAL AND WORK EXPERIENCE
Vocational/technical training beyond high school from an academic institution, or military equivalent training and a minimum of 5 years of job-related experience are required for this position.
In addition, an Engineering Technician III must possess the following qualifications:
* Working knowledge of computer systems and integrated software application programs
* Good communication and analytical skills
* Planning/organizational skills
* Ability to work under deadlines
Each employee must read, understand, and implement the general and specific operational, safety, quality, and environmental requirements of all plans, procedures, and policies pertaining to their job.
Most positions involve work typical of office environment with no unusual hazards. There is occasional lifting to 20 pounds, constant sitting with occasional use of computer terminal, constant use of sight abilities while reviewing documents, constant use of speech/hearing abilities for communication, and constant mental alertness. Frequent travel to remote Company work locations may be required.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by personnel assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of persons so classified.
Tasking is in support of a federal government contract that requires U.S. citizenship. Some jobs may require a candidate to be eligible for a government security clearance, state-issued driver's license or other licenses/certifications, and the inability to obtain and maintain the required clearance, license or certification may affect an employee's ability to maintain employment.
SCC: JENG17, A1412TW