is a global leader in agriculture; rooted in science and dedicated to bringing
plant potential to life. Each of our 28,000 employees in more than 90 countries
work together to solve one of humanityâ€™s most pressing challenges: growing more
food with fewer resources. A diverse workforce and an inclusive workplace
environment are enablers of our ambition to be the most collaborative and
trusted team in agriculture. Our employees reflect the diversity of our
customers, the markets where we operate and the communities which we serve. No
matter what your position, you will have a vital role in safely feeding the
world and taking care of our planet. Join us and help shape the future of
Syngenta, we are working to build the most collaborative and trusted team in
agriculture that provides leading seeds and crop protection innovations to
enhance the prosperity of farmers.
are currently seeking a CP Sales Representative for Syngentaâ€™s Northern
California sales districtâ€“ Sacramento area territory. In this role, you will be an integral member
of a high performing District Sales team working together to achieve profitable
growth and create an industry leading and sustainable position for Syngenta.
role will be to maximize sales and market share within your territory, by
developing strong business relationships with customers and ensuring their
support and satisfaction with Syngenta products. Using your strong analytical and strategic thinking
skills, you will assess market dynamics, provide insights to internal
stakeholders and develop and implement annual business activity plans to
influence demand. You will also develop
and manage strong customer relationships through direct calls, business
meetings, workshops, seminars and demonstration tours.
ideal candidate has a passion for agriculture and excellent interpersonal
skills accompanied by relevant sales experience, plus post-secondary education
in Agriculture, Science or Business. You
supplement these requirements with your strong knowledge of crop protection
technology and requirements for pest control, as well as familiarity with crop
production practices. You have built a reputation as a leader within your
previous roles and you have a proven track record for persuading others and
negotiating favorable outcomes for all concerned parties while maintaining
exceptional customer relationships and brand integrity.
Meet or ideally exceed district sales and
profitability targets and objectives by:
- Achieving sales, profit, and market share targetswith channel partners, key producers and other customers within the assignedterritory as part of the overall sales and marketing plan for the district andbroader Commercial Unit.
- Developing and maintaining strong and trustedrelationships with customers in assigned territory.
- Acting as primary liaison for all channel partnersand retail accounts within territory which includes developing and implementingannual business plans to influence end-user demand
- Partners with AgriEdge Specialists to developterritory opportunities.
- Create demand at the customer level, ensuring thatthe customer is knowledgeable about our products and has further interest inSyngenta solutions.
- Responsible for trade shows, tours and productlaunches for crop protection within their territory.
- Deliver campaigns and offers to targeted customersthrough selected channel partners.
- Act as a steward of the Syngenta portfolio by makingrecommendations and by managing complaints/issues in the field as needed, inpartnership with agronomy service representatives.
- Regularly collect and report market intelligence andrelevant value chain insights.
- Manage operational budget, variable sellingexpenses, and marketing funds within Commercial Unit / District guidelines.
- Relay accurate forecasting for customers withinterritory
- May act as the primary contact for Key Accountpersonnel within their territory.
- Bachelorâ€™sdegree in Agriculture, Marketing, and/or Science.
- Hold aCalifornia Pest Control Advisor (PCA) license.
- A minimumof two years of relevant experience, i.e. agronomy, farm, Ag retail within thecrop protection or agriculture industry.
- Demonstratedability to establish meaningful and impactful relationships with customers andinternal colleagues through excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Solidbusiness acumen and ability to understand business financials and price/volumerelationships.
- 65%-80%weekly travel within territory is required.
- Must havea valid Driverâ€™s License.
- Knowledgeof agronomics, general cropping practices, agricultural technology and trendsand requirements for pest control.
- Strongtechnical knowledge of Syngenta and competitive products.
- Strongnegotiating, analytical, problem solving/decision making skills.
- Abilityto work independently; Strong planning, organization and time management.
- Awarenessof new and existing technologies.
- First-handknowledge of farming is a definite asset.
What We Offer:
We offer a competitive base salary and incentive bonus potential, a
company vehicle, combined with comprehensive benefits, challenging and
meaningful work, learning and career development opportunities and a great team
- Full Benefit Package(Medical, Dental & Vision) that starts the same day you do
- 401k plan with companymatch, Profit Sharing & Retirement Savings Contribution
- Paid Vacation, 12 PaidHolidays, Maternity and Paternity Leave, Education Assistance, WellnessPrograms, Corporate Discounts among others
- A culture that promoteswork/life balance, celebrates diversity and offers numerous family-orientedevents throughout the year
is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate in recruitment,
hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of
race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation,
marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
and Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
Employment Opportunity Commission's (EEOC)
Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA)