At Veeva, we build enterprise cloud technology that powers the biggest names in the pharmaceutical, biotech, consumer goods, chemical & cosmetics industries. Our customers make vaccines, life-saving medicines, and life-enhancing products that make a difference in everyday lives. Our technology has transformed these industries; enabling them to get critical products and services to market faster. Our core values, Do the Right Thing, Customer Success, Employee Success, and Speed, guide us as we make our customers more efficient and effective in everything they do.
Veeva is looking for an experienced Corporate Counsel to be a part of our highly motivated, tightly-knit and collaborative legal team. Reporting to the Associate General Counsel, Corporate, you will take on a range of legal work, with a particular focus on corporate and securities law matters, corporate governance, M&A, and strategic transactions. We are looking for a high performer who has exceptional communication skills and is adaptable, team-oriented, loves to learn, and operates with a high degree of integrity.
What You'll Do
- Assist in the preparation of the company’s ’34 Act filings and proxy statements for annual and special meetings of shareholders
- Support in connection with governance, mergers and acquisitions, executive compensation, capital markets, and other related matters
- Assist in preparing Board of Director and Committee materials and minutes; maintenance of corporate reporting and governance calendar.
- Handle due diligence activities in coordination with other key company stakeholders in M&A and investment activity
- Support the continuous improvement of internal policies and processes
- Coordinate with outside counsel on a variety of matters as needed
- Work with paralegal on corporate formation and ongoing management of international subsidiaries
- Handle special projects as requested
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a reputable law firm, including significant work in a corporate & securities practice, or corporate environment
- Strong background in SEC reporting and disclosures (including reviewing and advising on 10-Ks, 10-Qs, 8-Ks, and proxy statements and Section 16 reporting)
- Familiarity advising on governance-related matters, including stock exchange requirements
- Working knowledge of executive compensation arrangements, including equity plans and 10b5-1 trading plans
- M&A experience at a law firm or in a corporate environment
- Strong academic background, including J.D. from a top U.S. law school is required
- Membership in at least one U.S. state bar (ideally where the position is located)
- Excellent communications skills (both written and oral), ability to manage many projects with minimal supervision, customer service (internal and external) attitude, attention to detail, ability to multi-task, and willingness to work on a variety of legal matters.
Nice to Have
- Previous involvement advising on investor relations and corporate communications matters, including earnings releases, press releases, and management presentations to investors and securities professionals
- Desire to expand scope of responsibilities over time
- Previous experience with a NYSE-listed company
- Previous experience advising a SaaS company
Perks & Benefits
- Flexible PTO
- Healthy, free, provided lunches and snacks every day
- Allocations for continuous learning & development
- Onsite gym with free fitness classes offered daily
Veeva’s headquarters is located in the San Francisco Bay Area with offices in more than 15 countries around the world.
Veeva is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.