At Veeva, we build enterprise cloud technology that powers the biggest names in the pharmaceutical, biotech, consumer goods, chemical & cosmetics industries. Our customers make vaccines, life-saving medicines, and life-enhancing products that make a difference in everyday lives. Our technology has transformed these industries; enabling them to get critical products and services to market faster. Our core values, Do the Right Thing, Customer Success, Employee Success, and Speed, guide us as we make our customers more efficient and effective in everything they do.
Veeva Systems is looking for driven, self-motivated Consultants with a passion for empowering small and mid-size biopharma with best-of-breed cloud-based technology. Veeva’s Vault Development Cloud helps organizations eliminate silos and transforms business processes across clinical, regulatory, and quality with greater efficiency and compliance.
As a member of our Professional Services team, Consultants within our Small and Medium Business (SMB) practice will be evangelizing our mission and will work within a project team to lead life sciences customers through implementation of Veeva’s Development Cloud with a focus on speed and innovation. You’ll also collaborate closely with our other Veeva teams (within and outside of Professional Services) to help innovate and improve our project delivery and lead our customers to success.
With this position, you’ll work from home when not visiting customers. You can also visit our many offices all over the world or drop by our headquarters in Pleasanton, CA.
What You'll Do
- Lead life science customers in the rapid configuration and implementation of Vault Development Cloud solutions.
- Execute workshops and lead customer discussions of the Vault Development Cloud.
- Lead gap analyses, workshop preparation and delivery, requirements gathering, configuration, validation, and customer training.
- Gather customer functional and technical requirements to support business processes; translate requirements into system configuration.
- Support project management activities such as status reporting, timeline oversight and resource management.
- Mentor project team and associate consultants in the R&D Services organization
- Represent R&D Professional Services across multiple engagements and workstreams (e.g., solution design and configuration, data migration, systems integration, etc.).
- Ensure customer success from beginning to end of the engagement life cycle.
- 4+ years of consulting experience operating in a customer facing role, producing project deliverables such as a project plan, status and budget reports.
- Ability to translate technology to the business or end users
- Knowledge of Quality, Clinical, and/or Regulatory operations within the Life Sciences, Pharmaceutical, Biotech industry, and/or equivalent.
- Proven ability to collaborate with diverse stakeholders and ensure delivery to a high degree of satisfaction.
- Ability to act with speed to understand business requirements, create corresponding solution designs, and willingness to “roll up your sleeves” to design and implement a Clinical Operations solution.
- Exposure to Agile principles, Design Thinking, or similar methodologies
- Exposure to life sciences compliance and computer systems validation requirements.
- Ability to travel 50-75%,
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent required.
- Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to be employed in the United States. Veeva Systems does not anticipate providing sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H-1B or TN status) for this employment position.
Nice to Have
- Proven track record leading high impact global system implementation programs as a consultant, business, or IT lead, and/or business sponsor.
- Direct experience with document management systems such as Oracle Siebel and goBalto, BioClinica CTMS, Medidata Rave CTMS/Strategic Monitoring, Parexel IMPACT, Bio-Optronics Clinical Conductor, PhlexEView, Trial Interactive, Complion, Florence eBinders, Forte Oncore and eReg, Veeva Vault, NextDocs, Documentum, SharePoint, InSight, CSC Regulatory Tracker, ArisGlobal Register, OpenText, FirstDoc/FirstPoint, CARA, Master Control, Trackwise, EtQ, ComplianceWire
- Life science, computer science, or related degree
- SaaS/Cloud experience
- Experience in services delivery management and/or systems implementation
- Master’s degree
- Locality to major life sciences customer hub (New Jersey; Boston, MA; San Francisco, CA; Philadelphia, PA; Chicago, IL)
Perks & Benefits
- Flexible PTO
- Allocations for continuous learning & development
- Health & wellness programs
Veeva’s headquarters is located in the San Francisco Bay Area with offices in more than 15 countries around the world.
Veeva is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.