At Veeva, we build enterprise cloud technology that powers the biggest names in the pharmaceutical, biotech, consumer goods, chemical & cosmetics industries. Our customers make vaccines, life-saving medicines, and life-enhancing products that make a difference in everyday lives. Our technology has transformed these industries; enabling them to get critical products and services to market faster. Our core values, Do the Right Thing, Customer Success, Employee Success, and Speed, guide us as we make our customers more efficient and effective in everything they do.
Veeva is looking for a passionate Build Architect to work at our Pleasanton location. We have a large and growing development team, and any failures in our CI pipeline hinder our ability to deliver our product in a timely manner. You’ll work for the Head of Engineering and across multiple teams including Development, QA Automation, Infrastructure and Devops to coordinate the many owners of parts of our CI infrastructure and deliver a stable and fast build pipeline.
What You’ll Do
- Work closely with Development, QA Automation, Infrastructure and Devops to support the existing elements of the CI pipeline
- Track failures in the pipeline and drive towards a speedy resolution to unblock the build
- Identify systemic failures and work with the owners of those systems to make the pipeline more robust
- Developing tooling to automate the detection of pipeline failures and reporting of issues
- Developing tooling to improve the pipeline
- Familiarity with Linux
- Experience with AWS
- Experience with Jenkins
- Knowledge of Maven
- Skill with Ansible
- Establishes and maintains good working relationships with other Development, QA Automation, Infrastructure and Devops
- Works under minimal supervision with extensive latitude for initiative and independent judgement.
Nice to Have
- Full-Time experience in Development, QA Automation, or Devops
- Network troubleshooting knowledge
- Experience with source code version control systems such as Git
- Solid understanding of Agile and DevOps methodologies
- Computer Science or a related bachelor’s degree
Perks & Benefits
- Flexible PTO
- Healthy, free, provided lunches and snacks every day
- Allocations for continuous learning & development
- Onsite gym with free fitness classes offered daily
Veeva’s headquarters is located in the San Francisco Bay Area with offices in more than 15 countries around the world.
Veeva is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.