Grow with the best. Join a smart, creative, and inspired team that accomplishes operational excellence. Bringing together individuals with diverse backgrounds, talents, and expertise, our 22,000 team members in over 400 locations worldwide are vital to making our Company stronger.
We're marketers, communicators, and strategic pursuit partners who play an integral role in the development and execution of creative vision, innovative solutions, and business strategies. As trusted advisors, we collaborate with designers, engineers, scientists and project managers to drive projects that advance the quality of life in communities across the globe.
We have a role for a Senior Marketing Specialist available on our growing team with a focus on our architectural/MEP engineering practices. You are detail oriented, outgoing and have the confidence and background needed to collaborate with our business leaders at a high strategic level. You possess a strong background in marketing and communications along with exceptional writing skills and are a leader and a team player who can own pursuit processes, communicate with conviction and maneuver in a competitive, deadline-driven environment.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Combining your business savvy with marketing genius, you'll look for creative ways to help us achieve our corporate and regional goals for revenue growth, profitability, and market leadership. A solid background in key sectors of science and tech and higher education facility design would separate you from fellow candidates.
- Responsible for overall marketing processes on selective pursuits.
- Collaborate with Business Center Sector Leaders and Principals in developing distinctive value propositions that enhance our competitive position.
- Leverage local and global networks within Stantec to support marketing processes and value propositions.
- Organize, motivate and lead pursuit teams to develop strategic, value enhancing, deliverables.
- You will work closely with key business development leaders to coordinate strategic client facing events, materials, and other communications in alignment with the Stantec brand.
- Support Business Center Sector Leads and Principals with client, competitor and market research and development of documented Client Strategies.
- Actively work with Business Center Sector Leads and Principals to develop pre-RFP action plans including Win Plans, SWOT analyses and Executive Summaries, Go/No Go and strategy reviews, etc.
- Plan, organize and direct all elements of an RFP response; analyze information requested, develop response plan, initiate Go/No Go discussion, conduct win strategy reviews, conduct proposal kick-off meeting, manage and work with team to develop response sections and monitor consistency of strategic messages, conduct progress reviews, prepare final proposal review package, incorporating team comments and feedback.
- Translate win strategies into key themes and drive them into proposals and other business development documents with benefit statements, graphics and proofs.
- For the sectors pursued locally, develop an understanding of Stantec corporate, regional and office qualifications including technical, managerial, commercial and competitive strengths that differentiate us in the market place.
- Develop and maintain qualification materials including project descriptions, experience matrices, resumes, capability statements, and other BD materials. Specifically work with Business Center and Sector Leadership to capture and develop performance proofs and client testimonials.
- You'll support client development and account management efforts and help maintain Stantec's internal systems for information management related to opportunity/lead tracking, people and projects, and promotional activity. And you'll be a contributor toward Stantec's internal and external communications networks.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Proven experience developing responses to detailed requests for proposals (RFPs).
- Detail-oriented and organized, with exceptional prioritization skills.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite, and web-based interfaces.
- Must have the ability to work independently and also in cooperation with a larger regional team.
- Candidate should enjoy working with different personality styles and management levels, both in person and across geographies.
- Must thrive working assertively in a deadline-driven environment.
Education and Experience
Post-secondary education in marketing, communications, journalism, English, business, or related area.
Minimum of 10 years with at least 5 years' experience in the architectural/engineering design industry as a marketing professional.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's' talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Job: Marketing and PR/Communications Professional
Primary Location: United States-Ohio-Cleveland
Other Locations: United States-Pennsylvania-Butler
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Req ID: 190003EK