1. a tech company changing the way the world reads
2. a membership that gives users access to the world’s largest online library of books, audiobooks, sheet music, news, and magazines
We value trying new things, craftsmanship, being an open book, and the people that make our team great.
Join us and build something meaningful.
We are looking for exceptional, results-oriented and passionate Machine Learning experts to join our growing Recommendation Team. As an early member of a world-class team, you will lead the way by creating and owning the next generation of machine learning algorithms and end-to-end systems that power the experience for our 6B+ monthly recommendations and 100M+ users around the world.
• 4+ years of experience applying Machine Learning in industry, especially related to Personalization
• Strong background in Machine Learning and Recommender Systems, with deep understanding of supervised and unsupervised methods (collaborative-filtering, content-based, deep learning, reinforcement learning, contextual multi-armed bandit, causal inference)
• Great coding skills and software development experience (spark, scala, python, java, tensorflow)
• Successful track record of ownership in challenging cross-functional projects
• Demonstrated ability to design and build complex systems that have positively impacted the business
• PhD or MS in Computer Science, Statistics, or related field
If you are results-oriented, self-driven, motivated to succeed, and are eager to make an impact by working on cutting-edge ML products and shaping Scribd's future, please reach out to us. We are looking forward to talking to you!
Why we work here
• We are located in downtown San Francisco, within walking distance of Caltrain and BART
• Health benefits: 100% employer covered Medical/Dental/Vision for regular, full-time employees
• Generous PTO policy plus we close for the last week in December
• 401k matching
• Paid Parental leave
• Monthly wellness budget and fully paid membership to our onsite fitness facility
• Professional development: generous annual budget for our employees to attend conferences, classes, and other events
• Three meals a day, catered from local restaurants
• Apple laptops and any equipment you want to customize your work station
• Free Scribd membership and a yearly reading stipend!
• Company events that include monthly happy hours and offsites (past events include Santa Cruz, bowling, arcades, geocaching, ropes courses, etc.)
In the meantime, check out our office and meet some of the team at https://www.scribd.com/about
Scribd values diversity, and we make all hiring and employment decisions based on merit, qualifications, competence, talent, and contribution, not who you are by choice or circumstance. We value the people who make Scribd a great place to work and strive to create an environment where your work is supported and personhood respected.