Fairview Ridges Hospital is licensed for 150 beds and is located in the twin cities southern suburb of Burnsville, MN. Ridges Hospital serves a wide geographic area in which growth is still occurring while remaining a community based hospital.
We have a great opportunity for an RN to gain experience working with a wide variety of patients working in our Float Pool as a RN Resource in Float Pool. As well as be a part of our award winning, caring and committed staff in delivering patient and family centered care. Float Pool RN's at Fairview Ridges will support various units such as; medical, surgical, cardiac, oncology, orthopedics, spine, and post-partum.
The RN Resource Float Pool position is 56 hours in two weeks or a .7 FTE, night shift, 8 hour shifts including working every other weekend.
- Working nights, 11 pm to 7:30 am
- Position reports to Nurse Manager or Patient Care Supervisor
- Nursing care team model includes RN and NA/NST on all shifts, supported by Advance practice nurse, Clinical education specialist, telemetry techs, social workers, pharmacy, and care coordinators.
- Oriented to support all patient care areas of the hospital with the exception of Labor Delivery, NICU and Surgery.
- Future opportunity to orient to ER, ICU, LD or Pediatrics may exist
- We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package
The registered nurse is responsible for providing patient and family centered nursing care following established standards, professional practice guidelines and MN Nurse Practice act. The nurse will have an essential role in coordinating care with physicians, care coordinators, patients, and families and delegates responsibilities as appropriate. RN in the Float pool will cross train to post op surgical, oncology, and complex medical patients. Epic is used for computerized medical records charting. Float pool RN is assigned to work in various units to fill vacancies of the regularly scheduled staff, i.e. vacations, ill calls, leaves. Must be able to pass telemetry competency.
The position is fast paced, requires critical thinking and partnering with unit staff and medical providers to provide excellence in patient care and offers many learning opportunities.
- MN RN licensure by start date
- BLS for health care providers
- 1 year of acute care RN experience
- Training in arrhythmia monitoring and basic EKG interpretation is required or need to train and pass upon hire
- Excellent critical thinking skills
- Strong communication skills both in person and via phone/emails
- Comfortable using computers
- Must be able to work in a team environment and delegate
- Comfortable floating to different departments
- Experience working in a team and delegating
- Experience working in a support role (if no experience as an RN) NA, PCA, NST or similar in an acute care setting
- Work experience in a float pool or floating
- Familiarity with EPIC
- BSN or willingness to obtain in the near future
- Excellent customer service
- Must be adaptable to an ever changing environment and practice on-stage and off-stage behaviors consistently.
- Proficient in the English language
- Attention to detail
- Ability to problem solve effectively
Physical Demands: Standing, walking, reaching above shoulders, reaching waist level, reaching below knee, climbing, lifting above shoulders