Lead Software Engineer
VACCINE POLICY: WHERE PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, YOU MUST BE FULLY VACCINATED AGAINST COVID-19 TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS U.S.-BASED JOB (REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS FOR MEDICAL AND RELIGIOUS OBJECTIONS WILL BE CONSIDERED).
Dealer.com, a Cox Automotive brand, is seeking a Lead Site Reliability Engineer to join our Vehicle and Website Delivery team in Burlington, VT.
Who We Are + What We Do:
At Cox Automotive, we offer the chance to take a leading role in the digital revolution of the automotive industry. Our Site Reliability Engineers are energetic influencers that build world-class solutions that benefit the auto buying public, dealers and manufacturers. Collaboration is woven into the fabric of everything we do. At Cox Automotive, you’ll be immersed in an environment that values your teamwork and collaborative problem-solving skills while still nurturing your individualism.
Our Site Reliability Engineers (SREs) help bridge the gap between developers and IT Operations. They use their systems expertise to support architecture, create and maintain build/orchestration systems, and provide guidance on best practices. As we migrate our footprint to the cloud, we are looking for an experienced SRE to lead a team of skilled engineers and drive the conversation around reliability through monitoring, automation, and SLO’s with a focus on writing code.
Our Vehicle and Website Delivery platform supports over 13,000 individual vehicle shopper websites and our SREs work closely with engineering teams to utilize technology wisely. We are looking for exceptionally ambitious and communicative hands-on individuals who are comfortable collaborating within the Agile methodology as part of a cross-functional team, have experience working in fast-paced environments, and who have the passion and skills to take our product offerings to the next level.
Who you are:
- BS degree in Computer Science, related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience writing code in Java, Go, Shell, Python, or a similar language.
- Experience debugging and optimizing distributed systems with complex real-time interactions.
- Strong interest in SRE topics like SLOs, resilience, scaling, performance, and more
What we look for:
- Proficiency in AWS cloud services and their offerings.
- Experience with Akamai Edge Platform and accelerating web applications via a CDN.
- Software operations and monitoring, and incident response experience.
- Comfortable on the Linux command line and troubleshooting network issues.
- Understanding of Java application tuning memory optimizations.
- Distributed Systems architectures, micro-services, and high availability.
- Configuration Management such as Puppet, Terraform, Terragrunt, Ansible.
- CI/CD with Jenkins, Spinnaker and/or Argo.
- Container orchestration using Docker. Kubernetes a plus.
- Experience designing, writing, and/or troubleshooting software and systems in a distributed, internet-scale Linux environment.
- Build software and systems to manage platform infrastructure and applications.
- Improve reliability, quality, and time-to-market of our suite of software solutions.
- Measure and optimize system performance, with an eye toward pushing our capabilities forward, getting ahead of customer needs, and innovating to continually improve.
- Provide primary operational support and engineering for multiple large and small distributed software applications.
- Gather and analyze metrics from both operating systems and applications to assist in performance tuning and fault finding.
- Partner with development teams to improve services through rigorous testing and release procedures.
- Participate in system design consulting, platform management, and capacity planning.
- Create sustainable systems and services through automation and uplifts.
- Balance feature development speed and reliability with well-defined service level objectives.
Who We Are
About Cox Automotive
There’s nothing ordinary about Cox Automotive. We are people of every background driven by our passion for mobility, innovation, client success and community outreach. We make buying, selling and owning (or simply using) cars easier for everyone. Touching more than 40,000 clients across five continents, we bring together the best brands and the best teams to propel the automotive industry forward. Some of those team members work for our iconic consumer brands like Autotrader and Kelley Blue Book, while others are creating the future of automotive at industry-facing brands like Dealer.com, Manheim and vAuto.
We are the Cox family of businesses. We’ve been making our mark since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary divisions – Cox Communications and Cox Automotive – are driving a new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators. We’re also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next generation. We’re looking for the talent today who will be our leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are today, where we hope you’ll be going with us, and the common purpose that unites us at coxenterprises.com.
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law. Cox provides reasonable accommodations when requested by a qualified applicant or employee with disability, unless such accommodations would cause an undue hardship.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.