Building Name: 462 Shelburne Road
Location Address: 462 Shelburne Road, Burlington Vermont
Department: Comm & Engagement Strategies
Standard Hours: 40
Primary Shift: 8:00 AM - 4:30 PM
Salary Range: Min/Hour $29.62 Mid/Hour $37.03 Max/Hour $44.42
Recruiter: Rebecca Kapsalis
The Communications Specialist is a seasoned strategist, creative thinker and storyteller who understands the value of communications in driving engagement, awareness and change. This individual is a versatile communicator and relationship builder who is skilled at translating complex ideas and topics for internal and external audiences in relatable ways. Adept at both communication planning and execution, this individual is a strong writer and a multimedia storyteller who is comfortable working across traditional print, social and digital channels. The Communications Specialist is based in Burlington and works in partnership with leadership and colleagues to mine for stories of impact and support strategic communication executions at the UVM Medical Center and across the Network. This individual brings expertise in reportorial story mining, organizational and executive communication, key message development, collateral planning and creative communication executions.
- Bachelor's degree in journalism, public relations, communications or radio/television/multimedia preferred.
- At least seven years of experience in a communications, journalism or creative agency environment.
- A storyteller at heart who can mine for stories to support both internal and external engagement and awareness needs.
- Entrepreneurial in nature and proactive, oriented to mining for good stories on a range of topics -- people, patients, organizational accomplishments, health-related topics and contemporary issues -- that are relatable for a variety of audiences.
- Adept at building and maintaining relationships to support nimble fact gathering and the sharing of ideas.
- Experienced in executing across traditional print and digital channels and oriented toward multimedia storytelling – comfortable using a Smartphone to shoot photographs and video and posting content.
- Strategically-oriented and able to align with and execute against a strategic plan.
- Proven experience in a high stakes environment with the ability to prioritize a demanding workload with multiple deadlines.
- Expertise in creative strategy executions, communications planning and crisis communication.