LOCATION 2006 Route 130 North Burlington NJ US 08016
If you want an exciting job with one of the largest off-price retailers in the nation, join the Burlington Stores, Inc. team as an Assistant Buyer! Are you a business-minded, self-motivated professional with a passion for fashion and a great eye for trends? Do you have great relationship-building and negotiation skills? Are you a data-driven problem-solver who can react and adapt quickly in a fast-paced environment? If so, this may be the right opportunity for you!
You’ll begin your journey as an Assistant Buyer by going through a hands-on 12-week training and on-boarding program where you will become an expert on the off-price model, learn technical skills and be exposed to all the resources we offer to ensure you are successful once placed. You’ll work with a mentor who will help guide and support you through training and beyond. You’ll spend time shadowing various buying teams both in the market and in the office, interacting with senior leadership and completing classroom and on-line courses. You will also learn about cross functional areas including Planning & Allocation and Supply Chain, among others, which make an impact on your business. After you’ve completed your training, you’ll be placed in a business area where you will be able to start applying your knowledge and skills to help drive results! Our Merchandising career path is clearly defined and offers many opportunities for professional growth and advancement as you develop your merchant skills.
- Select and procure merchandise in conjunction with Buyer in the assigned area of responsibility
- Provide operational support to Buyers
- Attends market visits to select and negotiates product that meets the customer’s needs and is priced competitively.
- Independently builds vendor relationships. Establishes a positive relationship in order to effectively influence vendors. This includes heavy interaction with vendors to solve problems and follow-up
- Analyzes business, including selling reports, to provide recommendations to the buyer
- Maintains planned receipt flow on a consistent basis. Tracks when merchandise is being received and uses judgment to make flow issue call outs to buyer when needed. Ensures adherence to scheduled shipping windows and negotiates late shipping discounts
Bachelor’s degree required with a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above. Experience working in retail, preferred. Candidates should be comfortable utilizing all Microsoft Office programs with a basic understanding of Microsoft Excel. Our buying teams regularly travel to market in New York City, as well as various other locations to perform market research and competitive shopping.
…are excited to deliver great values to customers every day;
…take a sense of pride and ownership in helping drive positive results for a team;
…are committed to treating colleagues and customers with respect;
…believe in the power of diversity and inclusion;
…want to participate in initiatives that positively impact the world around you;
Come join our team. You’re going to like it here!
You will enjoy a competitive wage and comprehensive benefit package including a generous paid time off plan, a company matched 401(k) and an associate discount. We are a rapidly growing brand, and provide a variety of professional development opportunities so our associates can grow with us. We work hard and have fun together! Burlington associates make a difference in the lives of customers, colleagues, and the communities where we live and work every day. Burlington Stores, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to workplace diversity.
Posting Number _2018-97238_
Address _2006 Route 130 North_
Zip Code _08016_
Position Type _Regular Full-Time_
Career Site Category _College_
Position Category _Buying_