About the Program:
The Life Science Graduate Internship program is a 10-week experience designed to identify the next generation of talent at MilliporeSigma. This program provides a unique opportunity within one of our business units or capabilities (Research Solutions, Applied Solutions, Process Solutions, or Strategy and Business Development) to focus on a key, strategic business area within our Life Science sector.
Our ideal candidate is a highly motivated graduate student with a proven track record of academic excellence and a desire to work in the Life Science industry. Application to this early-in-career program is open to students currently enrolled in a US-based university, preparing to start their final year of graduate school, and with 2 years or less work experience.
For those selected, you will own a high impact project(s) and benefit from the support of an executive mentor and the MilliporeSigma Talent and Development organization. You will have the opportunity to participate in a variety of activities throughout the program to promote teamwork, social responsibility and the development of both technical and interpersonal skills.
Top performing interns will have the chance to receive a job offer upon graduation.
Start Date: June 1, 2020 through August 7, 2020
Location: Burlington, MA or Bedford, MA
Must be authorized to work in the US
Who You Are: Required Qualifications (will vary based on role):
A combination of undergraduate and graduate level work in 2 of the 3 disciplines:
- Data & Analytics (ex: data science, data engineering, computer science, information science, data management, etc…)
- Deep Technical (ex: Chemical/Biological Engineering, Molecular Biology, Physics, etc…)
- Business (example, Business Administration, strategy, innovation, process excellence)
- 2 years max professional work experience
- Curious learner, strong in quantitative analysis and research skills, with an interest in the intersection of business and science
- Collaborative with an ability to work in a fast-paced environment and be a self-starter
- Able to understand the “big picture“ and work with complexity and ambiguity
- Proven track record of academic excellence
- Desire to pursue a career in life science industry upon graduation
Job Requisition ID: 199731
Career Level: A - Current Student
Working time model: full-time
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
North America Disclosure
The Company is committed to accessibility in its workplaces, including during the job application process. Applicants who may require accommodation during the application process should speak with our HR Services team at 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday.