Aetna Digital is looking for a Software Engineering Manager with enterprise/cloud software development experience. You will have an opportunity to provide both leadership and technical expertise to help drive the delivery of our next generation cloud native health care platform. This platform will enable the delivery of use cases into products focused on helping people live healthier lives.
In this role, you will use your people management skills to support, manage and mentor development professionals with deep technical backgrounds and experience. You will leverage your technical experience and background working with big data, and cloud technologies in order to help us leverage data and IoT events to deliver critical capabilities to consumer applications. You will be working as a leader/manager for a team of engineers in Burlington, MA.
You should have the ability to prioritize well, communicate clearly, have a consistent track record of delivery and excellent software engineering and people management skills. A successful candidate will be a highly motivated individual; motivated to achieve results in a fast-paced environment.
- Leads, Manages, and grows software engineering teams tasked with delivering engaging health care product solutions.
- Responsible for performance reviews and working with the team members on their goal setting expectations, development plans and priorities.
- Guide, coach and mentor software development engineers.
- Architect, Design and Develop cloud scalable applications & services in a containerized and CI/CD environment with the ability to understand big picture, while implementing at the detail level.
- Demonstrate a deep knowledge of, and ability to operationalize scalable web/webservices applications with industry standards and best practices.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with data scientists, business users, project managers and other engineers to achieve elegant solutions.
- Provide support in all phases of SDLC and ensure to deliver high-quality products.
- Promote proper implementation of SAFe process techniques.
- Provide recommendations for continuous improvement.
- Provides technical leadership direction, determining and developing approach to solutions by coordinating multiple resources to solve complex problems.
- Analytical thinking - able to simplify complex problems, processes or projects into component parts explore and evaluate them systematically.
- Strategic thinking – able to identify a vision along with the plans, which need to be implemented to meet the end goal, evaluating situations, decisions and issues in the short, medium and long term.
- 5+ years of technical lead and/or managing software development teams
- 10+ years software development in enterprise/web/cloud applications
- Experience leading engineers at all levels, and coaching and guiding direct reports through their career development
- Experience in hiring and developing great development teams
- Extensive experience with cloud computing technologies. Must have proven track record developing in AWS or GCP or similar public cloud environments.
- Experience with large scale distributed systems
- Experience in partnering with architects, quality and product managers, user experience designer, release train engineer to deliver functionality on time and with quality
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
Percent of Travel Required
0 - 10%
At Aetna, a CVS Health company, we are joined in a common purpose: helping people on their path to better health. We are working to transform health care through innovations that make quality care more accessible, easier to use, less expensive and patient-focused. Working together and organizing around the individual, we are pioneering a new approach to total health that puts people at the heart.
We are committed to maintaining a diverse and inclusive workplace. CVS Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring or promotion based on race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, age, disability or protected veteran status. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities.