VMS Software, Inc.
Requisition Number: ARAPS01063
- Requires minimum 3-5 years hands-on experience in professional workplace setting, preferably with Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable processing, analysis, and controls.
- The primary responsibilities are to process high volume of customer invoices and vendor bills, support customer and supplier relationships and inquiries and ensure all procedures and controls are followed according to policy.
- The successful candidate will have a proven track record of adapting and implementing change as well as keen problem-solving skills. The ideal candidate is self-driven and team-oriented, flexible and enthusiastic, with a positive, roll-up-your-sleeves attitude who can also work independently while participating in ongoing projects within a fast paced and collaborative environment.
Essential Functions/Job Duties: The responsibilities of the role include:
Accounts Receivable Specialist:
- Sending out invoices to customers and maintaining relevant supporting documentation (from invoices through payment and renewal) for each transaction in accordance with company policy
- Processing all cash receipts and depositing cash receipts if necessary
- Continuous and persistent involvement with customers with overdue receivables
- Proactively track and work closely with sales team and customer to liaise with customers for upcoming renewals
- Assisting Accounting team with cash receipts forecasting for significant major customers
- Account for Sales Rep commissions
- Participating in and driving process and systems improvements for enhanced productivity
Accounts Payable specialist:
- Ability to accurately process a high volume of vendor invoices
- Process customer vendor payments by credit card
- Reconcile vendor statements, research and resolve discrepancies
- Sort and distribute incoming AP mail, including maintaining email boxes
- Reconciling cash receipts and payments with bank activity on a monthly basis
- Assist with internal and external audits
- Assist in month-end close processes and 1099 filings
- Manage office supplies, open, sort and distribute mail, phone, front door
- Assist with other projects as needed
- Experience with NetSuite
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Professional and effective oral and written communication skills
- Ability to interact with employee, customers and vendors in a professional manner
- Ability to work independently and with a team, with emphasis on accuracy and timeliness
- Strong attention to detail and ability to meet deadlines required