Lyra is transforming mental health care using technology with a human touch. Using our proprietary platform and matching technology, Lyra helps companies and their employees find the highest quality mental health care. We work with innovative companies, such as uber, eBay, and Lyft, among others, and we offer access to an elite network of mental health providers with the flexibility of in-person therapy, live video sessions, coaching programs, and digital self-care tools. Co-founded by David Ebersman, former CFO of Facebook and Genentech, Lyra has raised $83 million in funding to date from investors including Venrock, Greylock, Tenaya and Glynn Capital.
We are very adept at AWS ourselves. This is a great opportunity for someone to learn a whole lot from us and also to teach us few things. As a part of the Technology Operations team, this role will create the guard rails for our Engineering and Data Science teams to SCALE their projects in a SECURE and SEAMLESS manner. This role will advance the automation and DevSecOps minded culture at Lyra.
We care deeply about making a difference in people’s lives and hope you do too! Attention to detail is critical in this role. Your work will directly impact the performance, security and effective infrastructure cost management at Lyra. You are empathetic to user needs, a good listener and a great communicator.
- 2+ years of software development, DevOps, or systems engineering experience.
- At least 1 year of relevant professional experience working with Amazon Web Services and strong experience with AWS primitives such as VPC, Elastic Beanstalk, Lambda, S3, Redshift, Data Pipelines, Identity and Access Management (IAM) Policy, Key Management Service (KMS), CloudFormation, CloudTrail, Web Application Firewall (WAF).
- Strong experience in and familiarity with CI/CD pipelines using Jenkins and AWS CodeBuild.
- Proficiency in at least one programming language: Java, Python.
- Ability to consistently deliver creative, thoughtful and business-orientated results that appropriately balance growth and risk in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong and effective communication skills (both oral and written).
- Bachelor's degree in a related field is required.
- AWS certified security engineers will be preferred.
- Work with various technology teams to assist project development and deployment on Amazon AWS including password resets, security group changes, infrastructure changes.
- Lead, design and implement efficient architecture across multiple AWS accounts for dedicated Virtual Private Clouds (VPCs), data pipelines, disaster recovery, identity management.
- Spearhead the Infrastructure as Code work using CloudFormation/Ansible/Terraform to improve the agility of the organization.
- Make alerts great again! Address notification messages coming from various infrastructure assets. Reduce false positives, improve signal. Upkeep log collection from various systems including native AWS offerings such as GuardDuty, CloudTrail, Config and Lyra-built applications to Sumo Logic.
- Perform Security Operations including Configuration management, Vulnerability Management, Incident Response, Software Updates and external network scans using tools such as Qualys.
- Manage Data operations, Performance on SQL and NoSQL databases - Elasticsearch, Redis, MySQL, Redshift.
- Automate security assessment scans using tools such as AWS Inspector, SecurityMonkey, Scout2 and address the findings.
- Automate performance improvement and cost reduction scans using native AWS tools such as AWS Trusted Advisor.
- Develop and maintain the network architecture diagrams.
- Secure DNS management across Route 53, GoDaddy, Epik.
- Self organize, research and investigate new technologies to continuously improve the testing and deployment frameworks.
- Work with the Head of Security to develop strategy to monitor threats and vulnerabilities impacting Lyra clients, providers and employees.
The role is located in Burlingame, CA, near San Francisco Airport. No remote candidates will be considered